Two amplifiers needed for Beatbuddy?

Hi,
I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question, but how do you connect Beatbuddy to a guitar amp that has two channels, but only one input? All of my fx are built into the amp, so I don’t use stomp pedals. In this configuration, the Beatbuddy would be distorted, reverb, phase shift, etc. In the interim, I am planning on using my acoustic guitar amp and run the beat buddy output straight to that.
Is there a better way to do this?

Unless your amp has a separate line input (sometimes on the back of your amp), you’ll probably have to make a choice between no effects with the BB pedal or effects with your drums. Using your acoustic amp for the BB pedal is a good interim workaround until you figure out what you want to do. The BB may sound better thru full range speakers e.g. powered monitors, a keyboard amp, or a PA.

As Persist said you would use an Aux in if the amp has one. Most modeling type amps(Like you have) usually will have some other inputs for connecting Mp3 and such.

What Make and model of amp is it?

Thank you. I don’t have a PA or anything, but I’ll see what I can find. Thanks again for your reply. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the reply. It is a Vox VT series amp. Yes, it does have aux input on a 1/8" phono jack. So all I would have to do is get a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter and I could plug the BB into that? (I told you this was a stupid question) :slight_smile:

You could test it using the 1/8" headphone jack (stereo) from the BB pedal to the 1/8" aux input (mono?). You can adjust the headphone volume on the pedal. If the sound quality is acceptable, you can try a 1/4" output from the pedal to a 1/8" adaptor.

Just use a 1/8" stereo to 1/8" stereo cable from the headphone out of the BB into your VT. Start with the BB volume all the way down, and gradually turn it up until your get the balance you want. The Aux input of the VT series is designed for exactly that type of use, for example, to feed and iPod or portable CD player signal directly into your amp to enable you to jam along. Those would also be coming out of the headphone out, so the signal levels should be fine.

Yep. the headphone out on the BB would be perfect for this as it has it’s own volume control for blending, and the impedence will match better than trying to use one of the 1/4" outputs. You will notice on the Amp as the volume of that Aux in is not controllable on the Amp so you need to control the volume from the input device (BB, or smartphone , mp3 player etc).