Un-pause drums on a beat other than 1

Is there a recommendation on how to un-pause drums on a beat other than 1? Like a lead-in on 3and 4, for example, before beat starts on 1.
Not sure if that would be a transition or a fill or ???

Hey, just turn on the Mute Pause feature, this keeps the BeatBuddy counting while paused so it unpauses wherever the measure counter currently is.

This feature is turned on in the Menu (Main Pedal > Mute Pause)

Let me know if this helps!

1 Like

Not really as the examples I have, we pause the song, the singer then starts after a varying amount of time (live perf). I just want to add a simple snare/kick drum pick-up beat prior to the regular 4/4 beat restarting.

Not sure if that is possible once the BB is paused.

You could trigger a fill, no need to turn on mute pause.

You could do this by either setting the BB to play a fill when the main pedal is tapped while paused (Main Pedal > Unpause Behavior > Main Pedal Unpause > Tap), or by sending a MIDI command for fill (CC112 values 1-127).

Does this work?

Sorry, must be my novice nature.
The vocal restarts based on lead singer feel. The vocal p/u measure starts on 1and the drum p/u would be on 3and, 4
Song is in 4/4
When I tried a 1 measure fill w/ the 3an, 4 p/u, I cannot get the timing right.
I am triggering the pedal on the 2 based on when the vocal restarts.

Song is As Good As I Once Was and has this break and p/u throughout.

It may be helpful if you reach out to support@singularsound.com with what you just told me and see if they can shed some light here, feel free to link them so they see our conversation!