Could you help
Beta beatbuddy manger?
Whats the difference
Id like to try it with with the bass
Never been able to get the bass on my downloads
Sorry for ignorance
I love my buddy… want to get the most i can out of it
TIA

The beta version of the software is not available as it introduced more frustration than benefit. The bass will play and sound with the official BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) release.

What kind of problem are you having regarding your comment about “Never been able to get the bass on my downloads”? Maybe we can help.

Thanks for reply
I dont know what ive been doing wrong but ive only ever managed to actually hear a bass on one download
Any advice would be great
When i go to play the beat in Beatbuddy manager just the drum bestvis there
No bass
TIA

Please give an example. What song, and what kit are you using? Many kits that I made require you to use both the right and left BB outputs to hear the bass. Do you hear bass if you play the song on Beat Buddy Manager using your computer?

1 Like

I gave up quite a while ago so i couldn’t say which one i used
Ive never used rightcand left imputs on my buddy
That might well be the reason
Could you explain where theyvgo and what i use… also an example of a beat and bass i might try to see if thats my issue
Thanks for trying to help me out
Geoff

Let’s say you wanted to play v2 of Southern Cross which is a one-press song with bass; if you haven’t already downloaded the suggested kit, you need to

1. download the NP StdPBass 63-91 kit from https://www.dropbox.com/s/27ep3sz2o71cqa2/NP_STDPBASS_63-91.zip?dl=0,
  2. unzip the file you just downloaded
  3. import that drum set using the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) File > Import > Drum Set
  4. select the Drum Sets tab and scroll until you find NP StdPBass 63-91
  5. activate it by checking the box in the Drum Sets tab
  6. select the Southern Cross song
  7. the Default Drum Set should display NP StdPBass 63-91; if it doesn’t
  8. click on the dropdown menu (underneath the Default Drum Set:) and scroll to NP StdPBass 63-91 and click once on it
  9. play the song in the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM); if it works
  10. sync your project to your SD card and try playing it on the BB pedal; as Phil Flood suggested, make sure you are using either the headphone jack output jack or both the left and right pedal outputs plugged into your amp, speakers or PA

If you’re still having problems, tell me the number of the paragraph above where you’re stuck

2 Likes

Thanks for your help and support with this
Much appreciated
I will try this tomorrow and let you know hiw I get on
Thanks again :wink:

,PARAGRAPH 10
Im hearing the bass for the first time on ny computer
Im going to try and attach a photo of my pedal
Im not sure where the 2 cables are ment to go and what to
Im going into my amp
TIA
Dont know how to attach a photo

Im hearing nothing through my amp
Its obviously the way i have the pedal wired
Could you please post a picture of how and where cables go?
Also will i be able to play my normal beats as i have been
Sorry for my ignorance… but im nearly there i think
TIA

Are you plugging into the front of your guitar amp or into the guitar amp line input, a keyboard amp, PA, or studio monitors? I’m assuming that it’s a guitar amp but it would be most helpful to know. Just remember, plugging it mono into a guitar amp will not sound great, as guitar (or bass) amps are made for instruments, not for full range drum machines.

I don’t have any pictures to post but here’s some points to look for:

1. make sure that the song you want to listen to on your amp plays on your pedal (scrolling on your pedal display)
  2. if you’re using the headphone output jack, (1/8" jack on the left side of the pedal), make sure that you have the headphone volume turned up to about 50% (small dial on the right side of the pedal—when you turn the volume dial or knob, you should see the volume percentage in the pedal display); the 1/8" output jack is stereo
  3. if you’re using the 1/4" output jacks on the left side of the pedal, make sure you’re using mono patch cables plugged into a splitter; the two mono patch cables plug into the adaptor and then a mono patch cable runs from the adaptor into your amp; here’s an example of the splitter: https://www.amazon.com/Inch-Mono-Female-Splitter-Cable/dp/B00RYAB8WS?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-osx-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00RYAB8WS ; why do you want to use this type of cable and splitter? Because several of the songs from the forum use drum sets that outputs sound to both left and right channels
  4. make sure that the volume knob on the top of the pedal is set to 50%;

If you don’t have all of the patch cables and splitter, you can temporarily run a mono 1/4" cable from the BB pedal Output > L (Mono) > to your amplifier input. Just be aware that if you’re using a kit that outputs through both the left and right, that you won’t hear the right channel.

hi
got the splitter and it came through with the bass
unfortunately it sounded awful
Have you got something I could try that you know is a good sounding bass please

Im going straight into my fishman amp

TIA

Try plugging it into the Auxiliary input

thanks … I will give it a try
geoff

Just the same in aux
Thank you

You can try reducing the pedal volume to see if that helps.

My level of drum beat will be lost i assume
Perhaps its just not doable with my set up
Thank you for your help and support with this
Geodf

In what way does it sound awful? Distorted?

Yes… very
TIA

Moved this thread to a new topic in Technical Support