Unable to modify BeatBuddy switch assignments via App

Hello there, I have a MIDI Maestro connected to my BeatBuddy that I had previously customized using the SS Midi Maestro App on my iPhone. Specifically, I had modified:

• Page 5/Part 5 (lower right button) to be Stop button
  • Page 2/Stop (upper left button) to be an Exit button with a redirect to Page 1
    I was able to successfully apply this to the MIDI Maestro earlier in the year (Feb2024) when I purchased the unit.

I ran into issues with the upper right button (this button won’t trigger) and in an effort to troubleshoot, I re-flashed the firmware (v1.1.9). All the buttons have now gone back to default functions. When I try and re-load the customizations, the MIDI Maestro stubbornly retains the original configuration.

I deleted the app from my phone (iOS 18.0.1), restarted the phone, downloaded the app again and configured the app with the above customizations and tried to upload via Bluetooth. Still no luck, the MIDI Maestro continues in default mode. There are no error messages in the app, it states the new config has been successfully uploaded.

The only difference as far as I can tell is that my iOS has been upgraded a few times between my original customizations in Feb 2024 and today (Oct 2024)

Are there any suggestions or recommendations to fix this customization issue? Thanks heaps,

Sarge
Australia

You mention reflashing the firmware but you don’t specifically mention whether or not you also updated the Default Modes. If you didn’t, it might be something to try.

My apologies, I should have been more detailed in my original post.

I did update the Default Mode, switched off the unit, powered back on and then loaded the custom mode, switched off the unit and powered back on. Still no joy.

Thanks for clarifying. Reach out to support@singularsound.com and see if they can help.

Please let us know what you do to get it working and especially that upper right button.