Unchain My Moog

Another instrumental song idea based on a sequenced Moog Spectravox and Moog Mavis with a bass lead provided by the Minimoog. I was testing the preset from the manual called, “Sawyer Bass.” Notice the Overload lamp coming on as the output signal is being routed back in via the External Input (it is internally wired that way when the Ext. Input rocker switch in on and there is nothing plugged into the Ext. Input jack). It is a form of overdrive distortion that folks discovered back in the day and Moog added the feature to the newer Model D’s.

For the BeatBuddy, I’m using part of “Unchain My Heart” drum song (Joe Cocker). I just liked the beat…the music was in no way influenced by the song. As a matter of fact, I couldn’t even remember how the song went. I did Google it after I had finished the recording. It didn’t have much of an outro, so I decided to just fade it out. Oh, and the BeatBuddy is keeping the NiftyKEYZ sequencer in time via midi.

Yeah, I forked over the money to buy a Minimoog. It was such an iconic part of the songs of my youth, I just had to have one of my own. My Behringer Poly D has more features, but it doesn’t quite have that Moog sound.

3 Likes

Cool tune and gear share.
Thanks for putting your music in here. I am looking forward to doing the same before too long.
Being a lover of instrumental myself, I’ll share a 2 bands with you.
If for nothing else… solidarity, since you may well have heard them already.
Pelican (masters of “tasteful” dissonance)
And So I Watch You From Afar ( a wonderful balance of aggression and whimsy)

1 Like

The simplicity of your melodic lines is always so elegant.

3 Likes