Update from 1.2.5

Hello. I have original version BB 1.2.5
I am having trouble loading the new firmware. I boughtthe Aeros and cant sync them until i get this firmware updated. Do I need to go back and do all other updates 1st? Thanks

You should not need to do incremental firmware updates. Make sure your SD card is not locked and insert it in your computer SD slot reader. Don’t use the USB cable from your computer to your pedal connection method.

Thanks for reply. SD card is unlocked and showing the files were sent to the card…but when i transfer card to BB it does not update. It boots up in old version.

I’ll walk you through the steps just in case you missed something:

1. Download a fresh copy of the firmware and unzip to your desktop.
  2. Insert SD card in your computer.
  3. Copy the 5 files within the folder—not the folder itself.
  4. Paste the files to the top level of your SD card.
  5. Accept the prompt to overwrite the existing files in your card.
  6. Eject card from computer.
  7. Power off to the BeatBuddy (BB) pedal and insert card.
  8. Power on to BB pedal. Update should begin.

If you haven’t updated the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) on your computer, now is also a good time.

Another key point, if you haven’t updated the default content to 2.1, now is also a good time to do so: SD Card Full Backup

1 Like

Thank you. I’m going to work on it.

If it helps to be in video format, check out this how to on updating, if you still have issue please reach out to support@singularsound.com

The latest version is 4.1.3

1 Like

@Solo

The SD card needs to be between 4-32 GB in size, does it meet this requirement? If it does, the files may be loaded incorrectly on it.

Please send me a screenshot of the SD card’s contents. Make sure that the very first window that appears when you open it up on your computer is what is shown in the screenshot.

Thank all for the great help. All loaded and functioning properly. BB in sync with Aeros and creating loops with drums. Very cool tool

2 Likes