Update since 1.6.0.1 beta

Hello,
I am under the 1.6.0.1 version and the update does not work. I am told that the 1.6.0.3 version is available, but can not install it.

This is beta version which I don’t recommend using as it has quite a few bugs. I have the same issue, one thing I have not tried is totally uninstalling the software and reistalling.

This is a bug in the upgrade mechanism - it will be failing to copy across the new files due to the lack of admin privileges when running the batch file that attempts the copy. (I dug out the downloaded files and did it manually, not sure I’d recommend that to other users though).

@ Psalm
I absolutely had to test the power of the 500 notes and the ability to control songs banks by midi :slight_smile: And I’m not disappointed!

@ Gingercat
I could do the update by running the program as an administrator. Thank you for the help :slight_smile:

Are you referring to 1.6.0.1 or 1.6.0.3 as being buggy? @Jean-François Duval, The mighty 500+ is fantastic.

1.6.0.3 is reported by BBSupport to be buggy. I was told to ignore the update.

Make sure to disable ‘Run as Administrator’ after you install the update. I came across an unusual bug where you can no longer drag and drop midi clips into the beat buddy manager whilst it is running in Administrator mode.

Where do I click off of admin mode?

If you don’t know how to click it off, chances are you didn’t click it on in the first place - it’s a Windows feature, nothing to do with Beat Buddy. So don’t worry about it. If you’re curious, have a look here: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/11841-run-administrator.html - I was specifically talking about option 5.

It does help if you re-install it. I was having problems with the external button to advance to the next song. Instead, it was going back out to the file and switching from file to file. I already had momentary switches I used since day one, so that wasn’t the problem. After re-loading the software, the discrepancy was gone and everything is working OK now. I still have to reset some of the pedal functions whenever I make changes to the songs, but it has become 2nd nature to automatically reset them. I haven’t tried the 500+ note limit yet because I don’t mess with midi too much. Everything seems to be OK right now.
Sincerely, Fingerstylepicker.