**UPDATED** SOUTHS GONNA DO IT AGAIN (OPBk+BETTER IRISH FIDDLE) 1.2 - CHARLIE DANIELS BAND

Well, I had an urge…

FIRST, with great apologies to Phil Flood, I bashed one of his STAX kits and his string kit to come up with STAX_FIDDLE, which you’ll need for the song. Link is below.

SECOND, I’m working on a real bluegrass fiddle wav set to replace the fiddle in the bashed kit. IF anyone has the samples ready to go, let me know… its coming…slowly

Other than that, it also works well with Phil Flood’s EJ Piano and Strings.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m771n00el58bjxr/STAX_FIDDLE.drm?dl=0

Its in the original key of A, but if you want to make it easier for the boogie backing rhythm, CAPO 2 and play in G

Download Here

Phil - do you have the MIDI map for this kit? I was thinking of scratching out a OP for Jason Isbell’s ‘If It Takes a Lifetime’ using the Gig Essentials Shuffle Funk and crafting a simple fiddle part in REAPER. Can’t find a MIDI file online for this song after some searching.

Phil Flood should have one as it’s his kit… but you could use the drum kit editor in the BBM. That’s what I do.

STAX Fiddle kit map

Midi notes 0 through 31, Bass C1 through G3 (P-Bass, I think)

Drums:
32 -Snare Rimshot Edge
33 - Hi-Hat Foot Close
34 - Snare Edge
35 - EMPTY
36 - Bass Drum
37 - Sticks
38 - Snare
39 - Handclaps
40 - Snare Rimshot
41- EMPTY
42 - Closed Hi-Hat
43 - High Floor Tom
44 - Pedal Hi-Hat
45 - EMPTY
46 - Open Hi-Hat
47 - Mid tom
48 - Hi- Tom
49 - Crash Cymbal Left
50- EMPTY
51 - Ride Cymbal
52 - Ride Cymbal Edge
53 - Ride Bell
54 - Tambourine
55 - EMPTY
56 - Cowbell
57 - Crash Cymbal Right
58 - EMPTY
59 - Ride Cymbal In

Mid notes 60 through 96, Piano C1 through C4

Midi notes 97 through 127 -Strings C#2 through G4

1 Like

Hey Phil… thanks for getting back to him. I couldn’t put my hands on the midi map,

1 Like

Where would we all be with you guys. Thx

The link to the stax Fiddle kit isn’t working anymore.
Where xan I find the kit?

Enjoy!

Thanks, Phil!!