Use full midi programmation from midi editor for midi out

hello,

I’ve been using beatbudy for a while, and I’m happy with it ! I recently started to edit my own midi sequences with a midi editor and put them in customized songs with beatbuddy manager.
It works fine, but I would like to do more now : I’d like to program control change commands and program change commands in the midi sequences and use them to drive external devices through midi out port.
for example, when I start a song, the intro sequence would include one or more pgm change command to set the right pad on my multi effect pedalboard, or start a light sequence with a midi light controller.
so, BB would be the general sequence manager for all my midi configuration.

To achieve that, BB should be able to “read” CC and PC programmation from the midi sequence and send them to the out midi port. Do you think it would be possible ?

Thank you for your answer,
JJ.

2 Likes

I would rather suggest an external software solution like “CamelotPro” on the iPad or Mac. We use this to chose the next song in combination with the correct digital sheet music, the right program change on keyboard, amp simulator and beatbuddy as well the lights! You can choose different layers for each instrument and different part for only one song, which I trigger with a bluetooth pedal. Works flawless. And the midi programming of the beatbuddy is easy.

That’s a great idea and i had the same. I wanted to control a Rack of synths with the beatbuddy including CCs etc. according to the song part. Sadly the BB as Midi out messages. But i found nice workaround. I use the “Event Prozessor” from MidiSolutions to send CC and PC messages etc. And i trigger it with very very low notes from the Beatbuddy. With the Event processor you can change notes to all kinds of Midi messages. Your imagination is the limit.