Use the Beat Buddy in BBManager

It would really make it easier when composing songs to be able to “test drive” them using the Beat Buddy. When the pedal is connected to the pc via usb, it would be helpful if it would trigger events in BBManger so that I can play the song and make adjustments to the song before exporting it to the pedal. Currently the song needs to be downloaded to the pedal and the pedal disconnected from USB to “test drive” it.

This is a good suggestion!
While definitely helpful, implementing this is pretty hard at the moment. It would need a separate Windows driver and an OS X one.
Not to rule this out entirely, but something like this is of low priority currently.

Currently you have to use the virtual pedal, if your mouse is hovering over the pedal then a click of the space bar would trigger it - this is how I audition songs before committing and adding them to my playlist.

That’s how I audition songs too… works pretty well. I have however had a few instances where using the virtual pedal proved to be easier than the actual pedal… in which case I had to go back and combine Fills. :slight_smile:

I haven’t used my BeatBuddy for many years but recently started working with it and ran into this issue again. I know this is an old post so not sure if adding info here will be of any value, but I did find a decent work around. For $16 I found a foot actuated mouse button on Amazon (link below). I use my mouse to place the pointer over the virtual BB foot switch in BeatBuddy Manager and then I can play along with a song and adjust or practice until I have it just how I want it. I like playing along with the Manager since I can see which part of the song is playing. It helps me learn when and how to press the foot switch.

Foot Operated Mouse Button

2 Likes

Hey thanks Randy, I think this is going to be my next Amazon purchase. I can see it being useful for a few functions in a DAW as well.

1 Like