Using Bass and Horns

I see some guys are using horns and bass with the beat buddy, how do I go about doing that, and what equipment do I need to use it. sorry for all the questions just trying to wrap my head around this.
Don

The BeatBuddy was designed to only play the default content that came with the pedal. Some creative users customized the drum sets to use bass guitar and several other instruments. The user-created content has been following ever since.

To play these songs, you need to use the custom drum set that the song calls for. Search this forum for the drum set, download, unzip, use the BBM to import it and then activate it. To learn how to do so, read the user guide or watch the tutorials.

Can’t believe I missed the last step thanks

Looking for someone who can assist me via zoom on how to use some drum beats from others. I have watched every video and still can not get the horns to work with ring of fire. I know I am missing something just can’t grasp it.

You may be able to get some help from emailing support@singularsound.com as well, reach out if you’d like!

Thanks I sent them an email, I just can’t figure out how to get someone else’s song to work with other instruments. I can download it, I can extract it, I can import the song into a playlist, I can play it, but only the drums are heard. I cannot get the other instruments to play. I have read every manual, watched every video, but still this is not very clear to me.

There could be a couple of reasons you only hear the drums. Have you read the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) Guide? It might help…

1. You may still not have the drum set that the song was created with active in the BBM.
  2. Depending on the type of drum set, you might need to use both L & R outputs on the pedal.

I’m guessing it’s the first reason. If you still can’t get all the instruments to play, let me know and I’ll arrange something via a PM.

1 Like

I made a quick video let me know if this the correct way

Thanks for the video—it shows the cause of your problem.

The * (asterisk) in front of the Default Drum Set: indicates that you don’t have the drum set either imported or activated yet. Here’s the steps to get the bass and horns to sound.

Making matters challenging for users is that after searching the forum I could not find the NP Standard Bass Horns kit (it might be there but I’m just not smart enough to find it :thinking:)

I posted the kit to my Dropbox. Click on the link to Dropbox and download the kit https://www.dropbox.com/s/hpsjula2creng5q/NP_Standard_Bass_Horns.drm.zip?dl=0
Unzip the file to your desktop
Launch the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM)
BBM - File - Import - Drumset
Click on the Drum Sets tab
Scroll to the bottom of the list of drums
Check the box (while you’re in the drum sets list, check the boxes for the other kits that you want active in the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) and the BeatBuddy (BB))
Return to the Songs tab and highlight your song
Press Play (NOTE: the asterisk should no longer be in the drum set name
Save your project

I’m thinking that you still have not spent some time with the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) Quick Start Guide. Here’s a link to resources that you might find helpful resources

2 Likes