using Compound meters?

Hello Beatbuddy team,

First off i would like to say thanks for a fantastic product. it has made practicing some much more fun for me in a way i haven’t felt about practicing since i was a 14 years old. i have been grooving my basslines to all the different styles and patterns that were preset with the SD card.

my question is regarding compound meters/time signatures.

so while we are awaiting the manager to become available i wondering how the beatbuddy will process compound meters. for example one of my metal bands songs we has a groove that is alternating measures of 4/4 and 5/4.

will I have to put it as main beat of 9/4 or can you make it as a bar of 4/4 and 5/4? same goes with any progressive music phrasing really

also along those lines, if a Groove is in 4/4( or any time sig for that matter) can you make a fill or transition beat in another time sig?

To the best of my knowledge, you can make a loop of 5/4 following 4/4. However more difficult compound rhythms may cause issues with MIDI sync. I was trying to make [ 4/4 | 4/4 | 4/4 | 5/8 ] and the results were… mixed. While it works perfectly, as it doesn’t contains a whole number of quarter notes, MIDI sync is aligned to every other start of the sequence.

And although this might work in the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM), I’m not so sure it will work very well in your pedal.