Volume settings

I’d like to know how to go about setting the volume levels of all my tracks the same so when I toggle from song to song I have the proper volume ?
Thanks
Brent

1 Like

Hey there, what unit are you referring to?

beat buddy sng .some are louder than others so i dont want to have to adjust drum volumes after each song that would be to difficul in a live performance.just want to select the song and play

Thanks

Brent

I think that’ll be down to the levels of the wave files used to create the drum set.

You could try a compressor on the output of the BB, but it wont help that much.

Or a volume pedal. Wouldn’t be press and play but it would make it easier to make quick adjustments.

1 Like

yes of course a stereo volume pedal would be of use.

Now I think of it - someone had change the volume knob to something they could control with their feet.

A bit of creative DIY can go a long way.

I use a volume pedal. Also, I use the app OnSong which has triggers that allow my to change the volume via Bluetooth.

1 Like

Or just a volume control in the settings that could be set for each song (ala tempo and default drum set) !?! The volume issue is something that comes up repeatedly and probably among the most requested features for years. And still…nothing.

My workaround for this is to normalize the MIDI note velocities of my songs using DAW software before I save them to BB pedal. If OnSong (or other app that supports MIDI) is used, there is a way to add MIDI CC messages (CC108 BB VOL Main, CC109 BB VOL Headphones, Tempo, Program Change to load song on BB) per song in OnSong. All these settings can be sent from OnSong to BB to load and set up a specific song.

The ultimate goal would be to have the BB supports MIDI CC7 messages in the song.

Thanks Tony

Brent

It’s a bit of trial and error. I have a set formula I use globally across all drum kits and songs. You need to set wave volumes in the kits and then find the level you want in the midi files. This is a base line and will be good for most songs. Some mellow tunes or acoustic songs will sound better with lower volumes. I use the Brushes drum kit for 99% of my set list. It sounds more acoustically authentic to my one man show. I use to mix in other kits but then it took the continuity and consistency out of the show. It was distracting to me anyway. When you hear a full band with a drummer, there is a single consistent drum kit that is made dynamically different for different songs. This is a matter of volume and velocities.