Web UI to push songs to BB

Hey all. I’m happy to announce that I feel “ready” to release this app to you as a “beta”.
Here’s the URL to the github repo. The source is open, lmk if you decide to tinker with it or add to it. I would appreciate credit if you use it in any way.

To use it: You’ll have to have all of the requirements.

1. a computer
  2. a beatbuddy with midi cable
  3. python3

To install it:

1. download the source .zip file from the Github link above
  2. unzip the goods
  3. cd to the folder, run pip install -r requirements.txt
  4. run python ./start.py

This will open a config page.

1. pick your Midi Input from the dropdown
  2. pick your Midi Output from the dropdown
  3. copy paste or type the path on your computer to your beatbuddy collection home directory. It’s the one where you’d sync from beatbuddy manager to your computer. It’s also the one containing the SONGS , and DRUMSETS folders
  4. Submit and you should see the collection (if the web pages for config or the collection are not seen, check your firewall settings for allowing access to ports 5000, and 8000)

There’s a lot to play with in this. I’ll leave it here so you can tinker and ask questions.

Have fun,

bluetex

1 Like

Updated to Beta v0.0.2 with minor bug fixes

• removed unused ultimate guitar plugin
  • add some debug
  • hide setlist button when list is empty
  • tweaked keyboard focus
  • fixed break when drumset over 127 is picked (note we can’t use any drumsets over 127 on the dropdown due to midi limits)
  • removed localstorage causing tempo to get lost
  • update params

I am in. I will need sometime to get my head around this. Had to undergo a surgery and so not very close to all this. I will keep you posted on my progress with this testing.

Not able to go beyond this…

Error:

D:\Gospel\Church\Apps\BeatBuddy\bb_buddy-0.0.2>pip install -r requirements.txt
‘pip’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

D:\Gospel\Church\Apps\BeatBuddy\bb_buddy-0.0.2>run pip install -r requirements.txt
‘run’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Ignore… I did not have python installed. Installed python and working like a charm…

I will need sometime to get the BB and cables together. Will keep you posted on the progress.

@Alex_KW I’m working on making this a windows .exe program to try to make the install easier.

It does require the Midi cable (from BB) to your Interface. I’ll be curious how it goes, I think you’re the only one trying right now.

BTW… since you’re looking at it… I went ahead and released the latest/best working code as Beta v0.0.3 today

I’ve actually been able to prepare a windows stand alone exe file for download. You don’t need python, pip, or anything more than a BeatBuddy, a copy of the SD Card on your PC (usually where you’ve copied to with BB Manager), and a midi cable to your BB.

https://github.com/bluetex/bb_buddy/releases/download/v0.0.3/bb_buddy_beta_v0_0_3.zip

This is a brave new world, so let me know if stuff goes crazy, or if it just works.

— bluetex

2 Likes

any further discussion will be in this post

@bluetex, need help. I used the exe and it just keeps asking me to restart…

This works like a charm, no more stooping to the pedal. Thanks @bluetex