We're an American Band - DOP, OPB, OPBk

Grand Funk Railroad

Notes:

• I left the drum and bass velocities just a little higher because this song was meant to be played loudly. The kit used for this song strikes me as being a little hotter anyway. Cowbell? Try it and find out… :rofl:

• Link (in blue font) to new user resources

Suggested kit(s):

• v1 & v2 Rock & Rick Bass 0-31
  • v4 STAX Steinway & Organ

Includes: 3 songs, MIDI source file and Chords & Lyrics

We’re an American Band - Grand Funk Railroad.zip (113.3 KB)

Disclaimers:

1. Music is art, it’s interpretive. So right or wrong, good or bad does not exist.
  2. I avoid filling song requests for BeatBuddy users that are getting paid for performing (if you get paid for your time, I should too). The exception being for new BB users posting a song request.
  3. How many ornaments did we hang on the Christmas tree before it collapsed?
  4. Past remains prologue.
    @ice99blue
4 Likes

Thanks Persist

1 Like

Bruce Dickinson says thanks… :beers:

Up all night with Freddie King

I got to tell you, cowbell’s his thing

Booze and ladies, keep me right…

and we’ll all be groovin’ to that cowbell tonight…

1 Like

thank you so much
even though i’ve had my bb since early on i’ll admit I’m not sure how to get this on my beat buddy can you help me at all / sorry foer the trouble
thanks
michael reed

The process breaks down to using the forum and the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) to

1. search the forum for, download & unzip, import and activate the drum set recommended for the song
  2. import the song
  3. export and synchronize the project to your SD card

These steps are covered in the links I provided within new user resources (click on the blue font text) Suggest you start with the BBM Quick Start Guide as a refresher and then use some of the other links. If you’re still having issues, please post here again.

thank you !
michael

1 Like

Thanks Persist :+1:

1 Like

Or just use “BLUES- beat 1 straight 8” at tempo 126.

I understand you tight gigging musicians wanting a OP, etc., but if you’re going to be that sterile, hire a freakin drummer! (I know - its a free world)

As a busker and solo guitarist, I want the luxury of improvisation. I have 142 songs now that I do with the BB. Yea, they’re not perfect but I’m not in the studio!

Rock on!

I have never said nor implied said that my song interpretations are perfect—far from it. If there’s any doubt, please read my first disclaimer.

If users prefer using the default beats, they can peruse and choose from the Song Matching tool where somebody has already shared their interpretation of what works for them with We’re an American Band.

Please excuse me. I in no way was speaking to your work. I was expressing only my opinion as a solo “hacker” artist trying to master the BB.

It is frustrating for me dealing with the BB (and not knowing MIDI) to find so many good OP interpretations of song beats, but so few “down and dirty” “use this installed beat for this song” comments/entries. Remember the song-matching tool - I feel it does very little. Fortunately, there are forum users that contribute their beats. Then there are the hours invested by people like Phil Flood; an example of the talent and generosity of some here.

[If I could figure out how to print out my set list with the beats, I would post it].

There was a user contributed application that might help with that

thank you so much!
I have posted my current song-setlist - tried to show name, BPM, and BB beat used with kit.
Hope it helps someone and is not too confusing.

1 Like