What could be a good Drum Kit / Set, to perform on a Live situation?

Hi everyone,

I would like to know your thoughts and opinions about which Drum Kit or Drum Set would sound better on a Live situation! ( Singer / Instrument / All Genres)
I confess that I am not happy with the final result of the Default Drum kits and Songs available to buy when played on a PA.
I am not a drummer so there’s a lack of knowledge on me to build Custom Drum Kits or even build Custom Rhythms to use for example on a cover of some song!
I already learn how to build Drum Kits and make Samples but every time I do this it doesn’t worth the time you lose by tweaking velocities, figuring out what the drummer is doing, remapping midi etc because it will not sound the same.
And this one goes to Singular Sound after all this issues and investment (time and money) give me a good reason to not quit of this BeatBuddy Pedal?

Hey there, first questions, have you updated the BeatBuddy to the free content 2.0, and have you updated your BeatBuddy to the latest version? (3.8.0)

Thanks!

Hello there,

I bought the BB in March 2020 and I update the firmware to 3.8.0!
About the free content I am going to assume that you talk about the Drum Kit versions 2.0 (Rock 2.0, Stantard 2.0, etc etc) and once they were release in 2019 I think the pedal already brought it!

You can check out our premium bundles here.

The Premium 2020 collection includes all new drum sets for different sounds, and new rhythms for you to try out! The full Premium + Groove Monkee content bundle includes 1380+ additional rhythms and 22 drum sets.

You could use our Song Matcher Tool to help you choose from all the possibilities!

You can also buy these drum sets individually here, and individual rhythms here.

… You are very funny!..
I don’t have money for that man!
And specially buy products incomplete!!

After I take a careful overview it’s missing:

• Brown Eyed Girl: extra fills.
    The extra fill “not part of the song” that is there is the same for all the layers (same beat)!
  • Sweet Home Alabama: extra fills.
    The extra fill “not part of the song” that is there is the same for all the layers (same beat)!
  • Get Lucky: extra fills.
    And the fills that should belong to the song are the as the fill “not part of the song”
    I can’t understand the second loop called “Get Lucky Robo Section”.
    It’s completly unbalanced in volumes very louder in comparison to the others??
  • Born To Be Wild: extra fills.

There is no extra fills!!?
The SS should refund me!

Using the BeatBuddy Manager, you can create/edit your own fills for drum tracks. I’m sorry to hear you’re not happy with the default content, but the opportunity for you to improve it is there for you. If you’d like to learn more about how to use the BeatBuddy Manager watch these videos here and/or reach out to support@singularsound.com so they can help you get started.

1 Like

I am not a drummer!

You don’t need to be a drummer to make the beats! You would only be editing the MIDI notes that tell the BeatBuddy what sound to make and when. Then you could have your fills play whatever you like, however you like. Check out the videos!

1 Like

I wonder why you don’t answer to my complain about the missing extra fills?

You can add/edit the fills using the BeatBuddy Manager to be more varied if you would like. The content comes with all parts included, not every song has more than one fill.

1 Like

Seems that you don’t know to read!
But I insist?

"Changelist update 1.1

Brown Eyed Girl: verse 1 and verse 2 beats / extra fills
Sweet Home Alabama: chorus, / extra fills
Rolling in The Deep- extra fills
Hotel California- verse beat / extra fills
Wonderful Tonight- main beat / extra fills
Get Lucky: main beat / extra fills
Born To Be Wild: intro beat, verse beat, bridge beat, / extra fills
Superstition- extra fills
Wonderwall: add 16th tambourine in chorus beat"

After I take a careful overview it’s missing:

Brown Eyed Girl: extra fills.
Sweet Home Alabama: extra fills.
Get Lucky: extra fills.
And the fills that should belong to the song are the as the fill “not part of the song”
I can’t understand the second loop called “Get Lucky Robo Section”.
It’s completly unbalanced in volumes very louder in comparison to the others??
Born To Be Wild: extra fills.

There is no extra fills!!?

Understood?

Could you show a screenshot of Brown Eye Girl in BBM? I don’t own this pack so I don’t know what was in version 1.0.

Essentially my point is that what you are quoting is the changelog. This is the difference between versions 1.0 and 1.1 of the pack. If a song has 1 fill in version 1 (the first release) and 2 fills in version 1.1 then version 1.1 has had an extra fill added. It’s not meant to be that it has extra fills compared to the original recording of the song.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, I believe @ghostofweedon is right, but please email library@singularsound.com with your concerns, that way you can get in touch with the guy who makes the beats themselves.

1 Like

Nando, it seems you are quite opposed to spending any more on ad-ons, but I can tell you that as a mainly acoustic, singer-songwriter style musician, I have found the “Ballad” drum set to be very nice for the kind of music I do. It’s only 6 bucks and makes the Beat Buddy work for me. It’s night and day as far as I’m concerned. I realize you are not a drummer. Neither am I. That’s why I find the Beat Buddy to be such a great tool. But like any tool, you have to learn how to use it. I think of devices like this in my rig as musical instruments. You have to learn to play each device, each effect, just the same as you play your guitar. Just as an organist must learn to play with his hands and feet at the same time, you have to learn to “play” several things at the same time to get what you want out of this kind of technology. And just like all things musical, it takes practice! All the best!

3 Likes

Oh, sorry if that sounded condescending. Certainly didn’t mean it to be. Just trying to be helpful. If it’s not, just forget it.

1 Like

I understand what Nando is saying in regards to trying to make the default sets sound more realistic through a PA. I had the same issue at first and had to try many to find what I was after, then play with mixer settings etc to get it to my satisfaction. At the end of the day you’re not always going to get something straight out of the box to do and sound like you want, you have to adjust them. I have spent countless hours adjusting velocities on my tracks to give them a more lifelike feel and sound. Just play with them.

1 Like