What songs are you playing with BB & their settings?

Can anyone help with this drum beat - Mike Peters of the Alarm - Walk forever by my side

Check the Funk beats. Might need to modify a bit.

Thanks I’ll do that

More help required - where would I find a beat like - HandJive?

that is a cool beat. getting those breaks with the Tom parts would be key to the beat - I think

On these list of kits and tempos etc. are you using these right out of the box (so to speak) with the intro and everything or are you modifying them .
I am new to the BeatBuddy and so far it is beating me up…and I have shows to do Yikes!!
Thanks

We use a lot of the beats suggested and tailor them for our sound, but we usually either take out the intro or start the song on the BeatBuddy and then pause it with the foot pedal, then we can come in on the 1 beat and all be in time.

It’s arcane but easy once you get the hang of it. I use some of the beats as is and tailor some of them. Usually tailoring involves changing tempo or drum kit. On a few occasions, I’ve swapped drum parts or modified the actual midi files. For one song, I paid for a full midi implementation from another website, isolated the drum track, and put that into the BB for a live performance. Worked great - I had to do it because the song had a couple of short measures (e.g. two or three 3/4 measure in a 4/4 song). The one-press version worked great but the visual metronome was off after the short measures.

When you use them “as is” and you set the tempo how you like can you then export it as a sng file with the name of the song you want.

… just rename it when you export as sng .( ex. blues 1 …becomes ‘your’ songs name)

1 Like

Anyone got a suggestion for a beat to use with “Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree” by Tony Orlando.

1 Like

Anyone have a list of country songs and beats?

Looking for beats for Cash,Haggard,Jones,Waylon…etc

Have you tried the Search function in the Resources section? It would also be helpful to users if you could be a little more specific as to which songs you’re interested. Do you want traditional BB (default beats) format, one-press or one-press with bass (OPB) songs?

Here’s the search results for Merle http://forum.mybeatbuddy.com/index.php?search/3327321/&q=haggard&o=date

I am just looking for BB (default beats format)One press without bass

if you find a “with bass” one that you like, but you don’t want the bass, just change the drumkit to one that doesn’t have the bass notes.

i like playing this one: http://forum.mybeatbuddy.com/index.php?threads/merle-haggard-think-ill-just-stay-here-and-drink-with-bass.4799/

Jolene - Dolly Parton (World Polka - brushes - 101bpm)
Rhythm of Love - Plain White T’s (Reggae 7 - 83bpm)
All About The Bass - Meghan Trainor (Country 6 - 137bpm)
Breaking Up is Hard to Do - Neil Sedaka (Blues1 - 135bpm)
Hooked on a Feeling - Vonda Shepard version (Country 6 - 130bpm)
Independence Day - Martina McBride (Country 8 - 120bpm)

Will send a bunch more when time permits…

Thanks…Very much appreciated…I’m really looking for the old country stuff…Haggard,Jones,Waylon,Cash…etc

1 Like