What songs are you playing with BB & their settings?

Love at the Five and Dime (Nanci Griffiths)

OPEN - D tuning - Hip Hop #2 @85BPM Ethereal

Enjoy!

Hi Everyone. What an awesome forum! Just received my BeatBuddy today and about to try all the suggestions. Will definitely post a few of my own once I get going. I’m in Australia and Aussie Bands Pub Rock songs from the 80’s is my favourite genre. Hope there are some others out there that enjoy this music too.

1 Like

HI Nicola, nice do you have them as BB song?

Genius :slight_smile:

My BeatBuddy Song List.

BeatBuddy songlijst Harry.zip (5.3 KB)

1 Like

The “Bo diddley Groove” for my song list.

Bo_Diddley_Grooves.sng (4.9 KB)

To all the contributors… you have given this BB novice a whole host of head starts on songs I do currently… thank you so much

1 Like

I’m working on jazz. Presently I’m creating a fantasia on Aaron Copland’s Billy the Kid overture. I’m using the Jazz-5 beat at 246 BPM (fast four) and I’m using the Jazz kit; it sounds great. I need to re-tool Jazz 5, removing a couple fills that I don’t need for this work and maybe creating some special sequences for this piece, but that can happen in parallel with getting the writing completed.

Otherwise, the only thing I’d say to you jazzers who like fast four (and the like), get a footswitch+ to help you tap into fills, transitions and pauses faster. I found that getting my foot to the pedal reliably was quite a bit harder using the first version of the foot pedal with smaller buttons. The new one is much more forgiving (esp. for my big feet:).

1 Like

Hi for parachute im using tech 4 part 2 113 bpm. Let me know what you think thanks

I have a list of over 200 songs for the older and new country beats for the beat buddy mini 2 and i’m sure they will be good for the original BB as well if anyone is interested in country.
Sorry Rock fans i have nothing for Rock, Pop, Metal or Jazz.
Strictly country. and some irish.
If you want them please let me know and i’ll post them. This list is substantial so i can post them as a folder to where ever you like or just simply list them here.

Thank You

8 Likes

Soulshine - Allman Bros. Blues1 Vintage Ludwig drumset 68 BPM (I replaced the intro using the Ballad Fill 17). loving playing this song.

Wayne, please post your country stuff. Thanks!

1 Like

Idea: Standardizing posts.
Anyone like the idea of setting a standard where everyone separates their elements in the same order and separates by dashes?
IE:
SONG NAME-ARTISTS-KIT-BEAT-BMP
That way we can all digest suggestions into a program like excel and continue to easily collect other combo suggestions from friends on the forum?

Can you please post on here Wayne

I probably won’t do this, but what do you mean by “BEAT” and “BMP.” I usually post as Song Name - Artist. I have started to put a link to the recommended kit in my post, and in my pdf cheat, I include the time signature, beats per minute and key.

I usually play country classics and some newfoundland beat that sounds the best for me. Direct of my BB. I dont change anything from start to finish and no one notices the difference. Unless your doing it for money then off course itll need more work. I simply dont bother fixing them up. I do get the proper beats per minutes and I go from there.

I sent all my songs as beats to beat buddy but they were never looked at or posted so I simply dont bother with singular sound for anything

2 Likes

No problem Wayne i do the same start to finish and a fill here and there thanks for your reply

A little late on the reply but try Pop 12- 8ths in Default. I have found it as a good alternative to several alternative rock songs.

hi ya that file is not their any more… is their any other way I can have a look at it thanks Paul.