Where can I find beats for cha-cha, rumba, tango and etc

Hi there,

I got my Beat Buddy yesterday; I already love it. There are styles that I play most of the time are Tango, Cha Cha, Bolero, Slow, Rumba come with the box; however, they are very limit selection. Does anybody know where can I get more of those? I appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Gary N.

Hi!
There are really nice grooves at Groove Monkee site, they have a lot of beats compatible with BB, but unfortunately just their World beats, what you need, aren’t. The main problem is different mappings of different groove providers. Anyway, it’possible to get all kind of styles and beats from internet, as midi files. There are so many virtual drummer softwares, like EZDrummer, BFD, Addictive Drums and so on, they have own Latin beats, but different mappings. And to cut those to your needs, after remapping for BB is really hard work and needs knowledge and softwares, like MIDI-editor, DAW, etc. Of course, it can be learned, but it needs huge learning curve. Maybe ask this question here, under request beats section. There is a chance, that someone has similar beats.
Rergards
Gabor

Hi,

please check Flamenco Beats Vol.1 and Vol.2:

I think it isn’t, what Gary needs. Of course it worth checking out, but note, that for example Flamenco tangos is absolutely different, than Tango, Rumba and the others. Gary needs latin beats from South-America and not Andalusian Spanish ones.

Hi George,

Thank you so much for your quick response. I looked at the folders that you suggested; they are not what I’m looking for. If you find something else that you think they will help me, please let me know. Meantime, I will order these packages to try and hope that they will include the styles that I need.

WORLD PERCUSSION SET

SANTANA- BEATS

THE MOST POPULAR COVER SONGS VOL10

MEGA PACK- ALL IN 3

RETRO DISCO BEATS

Gary N.

Hi Pelvax,

Thank you so much for your quick response. If you have any ideal where to find those styles, please let me know. Meantime, I’m thinking about order these packages. Do you have any suggestion?

Thank you.

Gary N.

Hi Gary!
Yes I have. But are you familiar with DAW, midi-editing, drummapping, VSTi and so on. As I wrote above, it’s not enough to have those packages. You have to “translate” those in special way for BB. And this packages work with VSTi virtual drum plugins assigned to them.
Gabor

Packages:
Toontrack EZ drummer Latin EZX
Groove Monkee-World beats
Platinum Samples-Real Latin
XLN audio-Latin-Afro beats
but to get this beats you need at least some host DAW, EZ Drummer software and Addictive Drums software. Platinum and Groove Monkee give their beats in different mappings, including EZ and Addictive mappings and General Midi also. Though BB works with General Midi, it has special mapping and sometimes GM didn’t work with it, sometimes works. Groove Monkee offers beats with BB mapping, but not for World beats. It’s tricky to make most of those packages to work with BB and you can spend a lot of money for all of this.

Hi Gabor,
Again, thank you so much for your quick response. No, I’m not familiar with those software. I think the best way for me now is just use what they have on those packages. I would hope that there will be someone who has a need for those styles and they are smart enough to create them so I can purchase them.
Thank you, Gabor, I appreciate your help.

Gary N.

Hi Gabor,
You are so nice. Thank you so much for that. Yes, it not only costs lots of money, I don’t know anything about DAW, EZ Drummer software and Addictive Drums software.
Thank you again.

Gary N.

It would be helpful if I knew that do you want to play concrete songs, or just beats needed, for noodling around. Send me a PM to messenger. You’ll find me on Facebook.
Gabor Pelva

Hi Gabor,
I think I just want to have the beats to play around. What is “PM”? I’m sorry that I’m old and behind the Technology…
Thank you so much, Gabor.

Gary N.

Hi Gary!
No problem. I mean private message. Do you use Facebook? Do you know about BeatBuddy manager program? It’s necessary for importing new beats and songs. Sorry, but this new pedals, units are on the strong digital base and to use them, we need at least elementary tecnological knowledge. If not you, so you definitely have a friend or someone nearby, who can help.
Gabor

There are several Latin beats in this:

They might need some massaging to work on BB.

Thanks Phil!
Nice work, as allways, particularly I like odd styles and traditional dances. Really rare.
Would be very useful. Will dig in.
Gabor

Yes, Gabor, I have Facebook account (Just install and login today). Yes, I have Beatbuddy manager program installed. Last night, I downloaded some premium packages, imported it to the SD and it worked fine. I think I can handle these things.

Thank you.

Gary N.

Hi Phil,
Thank you so much for your support. Do you have the instruction on how to import them to BB?

Thank you.
Gary N.

Great! What is your name on Facebook? I try to help.
Gabor

Hi Gabor,
It is Gary Ngo with the picture of my 2 grandkids. BTW, I got some Midi files from Phil. Do you know how to import the Midi files to BeatBuddy software manager? I looked at the user manual; however, they said that I need to see the Midi manual. I can’t find the Midi manual on the Singular Sound site.

Thank you, Gabor. You are so nice.

Gary N.

Getting these to work properly on BB is likely a bit more than you can handle at this time. I’m sure Gabor can help you out. In general:

1. If a midi file is arranged for a BB drum kit, adding it to the BB is relatively simple. You just copy the midi file, and paste it into a song part in BB Manager. Generally, these files would be used as Main Loops.

2. But, in this case, it is not so simple, as the files were not arranged for BB. There are two issues to consider - timing and mapping.

3. Timing - in my quick review of the files, they did not always line up with the first beat of the grid. This means they were likely recorded without sync being active. Essentially this means that all notes in a loop would need to be selected, and then the start of the loop would need to be adjusted to be at measure 1, beat 1. Since the BPMs are provided this should not be too difficult.

4. Mapping - The general midi drum kit has drums tones assigned to keyboard locations B0 through A4, or 35 through 81, depending upon how you like to look at midi assignment. Typical BB kits do not have a drum sound for every location. The Latin kit does a great job at covering most of the slots. but it leaves some open, and then it adds some additional tones that are not in the General Midi standard, but are common in the music of the Americas. What this means, is that once you have the timing right from step 3, you will then need to move row or lanes or drum notes to another row or lane than is assigned to the intended drum, or to an otherwise appropriate drum. It’s not very difficult to do, but it does take time, which I why I did not do it, and instead offered the raw beats to the Forum for anyone who might want to delve into them and develop something for BB. Likely only those row that correspond to “unsupported notes” in the BB editor would need to be moved. But, I would not use, and I do not recommend using the built in BB midi editor. Instead a DAW more appropriate for this task should be used.

Good luck!