Which midi channel or channels does the Midi Maestro send commands to the Aeros?

with the Midi Maestro set to the Aeros mode, what midi channel or channels does the Midi Maestro send commands on by default ?

Your post has been moved to a separate thread. Please don’t hijack or post to an existing thread with a different topic. Thank you.

It would seem logical to find the answer to your question in the Maestro user manual however, this is where I found what I think is the answer to your question.

According to p.30 of the Aeros user manual Printer Friendly Manual

• MIDI IN Channel: Sets the MIDI channel that the Aeros is listening to. Choose either All or an individual MIDI channel (1-16). Default is All channels
  • MIDI OUT Channel: Sets the MIDI channel that the Aeros sends MIDI commands on. Choose from MIDI channels (1-16). Default is channel 1.

i wanted to change the Aeros (Midi in) to a single channel rather than All, channels, when i did, the Midi Maestro did not talk with the Aeros. when i changed it back to all channels it worked again. this makes me think that the Aeros needs to be set on a specific channel that the MidiMaestro sends on. with my setup i have several pieces of gear that have their discrete midi in channel.

I only use custom mode on my Maestro. I’ve set the Aeros to channel 4 (I think). Could have been anything but 1.

is there a map of the default settings on MidiMaestro ?

You can create a template but you unfortunately would have to edit the commands individually to be on the channel you want

We are looking into a feature now to create a template on any of the 16 channels

Thanks for the question!