Why is the Aeros so sensitive to input levels?

I’ve never had a looper that I had to worry about clipping.

How do those loopers avoid clipping and can Aeros leverage that?

2 Likes

I feel that. I actually suggested a couple of times about having an Input level to control this a little more. Having a wet level and a dry level.

2 Likes

I ask it since the beginning

It must be possible to set the gain input, the panoramic…
See this post.

The RC-505 had even more issues with clipping. The Headrush Looperboard clips more easily. The Digitech and TC Electronic loopers were probably a bit better about clipping, though.

just take an example from ehx…
-gain input for each inputs
-panoramics and volume for each tracks

sometimes I wonder if I’m going to buy one. the aeros frustrates me on this subject.

1 Like

That’s the unit I was looking at when I jumped on the Aeros. No regrets yet really as the UI for the Aeros can’t really be compared to an analog unit.

As to the clipping, I have the same issues. I run through an HX Stomp first so I have the option to set line or instrument levels for its in/out. Same with Aeros but I’d really like to have much more control on the input side of it. Seems like if I keep everything moderate enough to avoid clipping my tone gets muddy. I boost the final output with a headphone amp which helps.

1 Like

We may have a solution for this, dev tells us there are things we could do to manipulate input levels, more on this soon

6 Likes

I wonder if part of this related to the display of the input level bargraph?

Perhaps we’re just gain staging too aggressively based upon what we see there?

2 Likes

I don’t have any objective measurements but when I have an audio source in through the aux, the main-in clips less. I set the main to where it barely clips with an aggressive strum… then I hit play on my backing track (going through aux-in) and the guitar main-in doesn’t clip any more while the aux is playing.

Do the main and aux share an input limit? I can’t get it in my head why this happens… I’d guess if they’re splitting resources then the limit would be exceeded for both of them but the opposite seems to be the case. I’m not well versed in Ohmage so forgive me.

So what I end up having to do is set an input level for when I have an aux in running and reset things for when the main is the only source.

Can anyone else replicate this scenario? Are the Aeros inputs each at fixed Ohm or do they adjust themselves given multiple sources?

Could be output clipping if the aux is routed through the main out.

True, but i forgot to add that I’m going through the headphone out and into a headphone amp.
No issues with anything in my chain beforehand… I just added the Aeros at the end.

Another weird thing I noticed is that, when I record a song and it didn’t (apparently) clipped… the next time I open the song, I hear all these heavy peaks on the sound…
I find the Aeros input behavior very unpredictable tbh.

2 Likes

I’m having this same issue. I emailed a few videos to Support. Awaiting a response to a second video I sent in. It all works fine until I shut it down and come back to it later.

2 Likes

This is being worked on, we are waiting on a UX mock up for input control, and we are looking into the process audio files undergo when saving and make sure nothing is out of place.

I’ll ask dev

2 Likes

Has this been resolved? I’ll record a song, guitar and bass, multiple parts, and spend an hour or two getting everything right. Lock tracks, save it. Next day it’s all clipped to hell, distorted, fuzzed out, when it sounded fine when I saved it. This is beyond frustrating. Yes, I have the latest software update.

I’ve never seen this, and I never use locked tracks.

It has not been resolved yet but we have made great strides in development so far and we see this as a critical feature to have soon

The Aeros is hoped to have full independent or linked control of the two stereo inputs, independent meaning all 4 inputs could be manipulated on their own, more news relatively soon!

Thanks for the question!

I have the EHX, and it’s in my useless gear drawer. While there are a lot of fun things about it, the sound quality is execrable–everything sounds 12-bit.