Will Beat Buddy sound good through my guitar amp?

I play guitar through a 40w Fender blues deluxe reissue guitar combo amp. I am thinking that the BB will play through this amp, but the higher frequency tones may not be adequately represented? I also have a 100w acoustic guitar combo amp that has a 8" full range speaker in it. I also have a 250w Carvin 3 way bass amp. These amp’s may work, but i won’t know until i try them. I’m guessing a single PA speaker would work fine for listening to the BB signal. I don’t have a PA. What are current BB-looper users using as a speaker amp combo? Is there a minimum speaker and wattage that should be considered for home practice and maybe small to medium venue use.

im using it through my amp in the room
sounds ok for me
start off with the volume low…

Thanks Tommy D. Considering I do not yet have my beat buddy i suppose my question is a little premature, but I am curious to hear what others are using to listen to their beat buddy.

At home I run mine into my stereo and it sounds awesome. For practice we run it into a PA and it sounds great there too. When I first got it I tried through a couple amps but didn’t think it sounded good at all, hence I switched to playing it through the stereo. What does sound good when using an amp though is using headphones if your amp has a headphone jack. I do this for late night practice through my Yamaha THR10. It’s a question of sound quality vs. ease and convenience.

1 Like

download the beat buddy manager
download a few songs and drum set from------

http://mybeatbuddy.com/forum/index.php?resources/ on left "Categories"
install it
play the sounds on your laptop

tommy

Full range monitors provide the greatest fidelity.

My beat buddy arrived today and i had a chance use it for awhile. It sounds pretty good through my blues deluxe. The high frequency tones sound better through my acoustic amp and three way bass amp sounds pretty good too. I wouldn’t hesitate to play it through my fender blues deluxe at a solo gig.

Thanks Tommy I will do this.

time to have fun now :slight_smile:

Definitely. Late last night I briefly looked at the library. I will have a better look over the weekend.

The “Line In” or “Aux In” jacks on newer amps are “voiced” differently from the instrument input jacks. The Line In jacks are EQed to provide a “flat” full range signal out of the built-in speakers. The instrument inputs are normally voiced to produce the desired tone given the frequency range of the instrument, such as guitar, for which the amp is designed. Acoustic amps will have different voicings for the “Guitar”, “Voice”, and “Aux” inputs to make each one sound as “good” as possible when plugged into the appropriate input.