Wonderwall (Oasis) with Bass OPB Rock with Bass Drumset

Wonderwall (Oasis) with Bass OPB Rock with Bass DrumsetWonderwall with Bass.sng (6.8 KB)

Thank you for contributing.

You can delete your thread or posts or edit the subject line or the main body as needed.
To edit the subject line of your thread, click on the pencil icon; when you’re done editing, be sure to click the blue check mark icon to save your edited subject line.
To edit the main body of your post, click on the ellipsis and then the pencil; save your edit when complete.

I deleted your two duplicate threads :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Thanks for your recomendation.
I would like to ask you a question,
I have tried making songs with other drum sets that include bass (other than Rock with Bass) but the bass doesn’t sound right and the sounds get mixed up.
Do you know how this can be fixed? Thanks.

I listened to your song with the Rock with Bass kit and it sounds good however, when I switch to the NP StdPBass 63-91 or some other OPB kit, the bass is loud and distorted.

Not knowing exactly how you transcribed your song, here’s my opinion:

• use a DAW (digital audio workstation) and not the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) MIDI Editor to work on your songs;
  • using any of Guitar Stu’s drum sets makes it difficult to use another and newer kit with bass (he created his kits when earlier BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) versions could not play the bass notes without clipping or “stuck notes” and I think what he did to get around the note on/note off issues in those earlier version of the BBM was a slightly different programming technique for creating songs in Reaper; that technique is posted somewhere on the forum);
  • I see the velocity in Wonderwall of your bass notes is around 77 or so; many users complained to me that (on my songs, at least) higher bass note velocities made their PA or powered monitors distort the bass notes; if you want to program with other OPB kits, experiment with lowering the velocities—I use an average of 33 and with some of the newer kits, between 24 and 28;
  • I think the quality of the song’s audio is dependent on the kit and the technique used to build; songs created with the older kits may not sound right when swapping for most of the newer kits—in other words, if you create a song for use with the Rock with Bass kit, you should not expect that same song to sound as good with say, the NP StdPBass 63-91, NP Standard Pro Bass or newer kits.

YMMV so let us know what works best for you. I’m sure other users have different ideas about what could be going wrong and what you can do to get around it.

2 Likes