Working around song pauses when using beat buddy live

I was listening to the song “and it stoned me” by Van Morrison and it has very distinct pauses several times in the song. How do those of you who use BB live work around song pauses like that?

Hello.
Fair warning, I added stuff in here that you likely already know but have left it in for a future person with less experience. I hope it’s helpful.
The problem I have found with using BB Pause function for weird timing stuff is that bb part doesn’t technically pause, it actually stops and resets your part to then restart at the beginning of part rather than from where you thought you paused it.
Anyhow…
After exporting all parts from BBM/BBMO into a folder as midi files, I take those files and turn the parts into a MIDI One Press Song (of course repeating beats and adding transitions to make the entire cohesive song section) and I then glue it all together into the aforementioned One Press Song and then re-divide it into parts that make sense for my flow.
If no unusual timing issues in a particular section (chorus or guitar solo section for instance) I just leave that as a “regular” BB Part.
But with the more “strange” sections, I actually build pauses into the BB Part, which is now (of course) an entire chorus or entire verse, bridge whathaveyou. Then I take all that and make a new song in BBM/BBMO arranging it as I need it.
Good luck etc.
You got this!

If the pause ends where a new bar begins then I simply use external footswitch to pause and depending if I come in with fill or not I use either the external footswitch or the main pedal :blush:

But if the drums should come in in the middle of a bar then I’d try to figure if I can utilise fills for that purpose or not. Other option would be to bake the pause into the part/beat itself :thinking: (as suggested in the previous reply)

And if I remember correctly you can make the pause to be like a mute instead to maintain sync etc. But not sure if unpause would work in the middle of bar or not :sweat_smile: