Yellow RIver DOP, OPB, OPBk(strings)

Christie

Notes: Starts on the 4th hit of the HH count-in

Suggested kit(s):

• v1 & v2 NP StdPBass 63-91
  • v4 STAX Jazz Trio Brushes & Synth Strings

Includes: 3 songs, MIDI source file and Chords & Lyrics

Yellow RIver - Christie.zip (100.9 KB)

Disclaimer: Music is art, it’s interpretive. So right or wrong, good or bad does not exist.

@Rysio

1 Like

Many thanks to Persist. Great respect and appreciation for work on this Forum.

1 Like

Hello, I am a new beatbuddy user and I have some problem with English… I will try to express myself as best as possible. When it says in the file that it has bass or strings, does it mean that a bass or string line plays (in my bb i don´t hear any of that) in the beatbuddy or that it leaves the “gap” of those original instruments in the song to better adapt it to reality? and when kits suggested (v1 and v2 Np stdpbass 63-91 or v4 stax jazz trio, etc) what does it mean? Thank you

Yes, it means that if you have the drum set that was used to make the song, you should hear the bass and strings.

There could be several reasons why you don’t hear the bass and strings:

1. The recommended drum set has not been downloaded and imported into the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) and then activated. SOLTUION: follow the instructions from this link to find the drum set: How to find drum sets or songs on this forum and the old one
  2. The setting on the pedal itself might not have been enabled to use the default drum set (the one that’s in use in the BBM. SOLUTION: make sure the setting on the pedal is Enabled for the Default Drum set.
  3. The drum set might have the bass and instruments panned to one side and the drums panned to the other. SOLUTION: use both the left and right outputs on the pedal.

Because I usually provide versions of the song using different instruments, I used v1, v2 and v3, etc to keep track of the versions.
v1 stands for DOP or drums one-press version
v2 stands for OPB or drums and bass guitar one-press version
v3 stands for OPBk or drums, bass guitar and keys one-press version
Clicking on this link might help: Is there a guide to what OBPks and all those other Acronyms stand for listed anywhere?

thank you very much for you fast response, very kind!
I’ve actually been buying it for two days and it could be that I’m impatient to see everything the pedal can give me. By the way, I’m only listening to it with headphones.
I will try everything you have advised me, greetings.

If you’re only listening to it with headphones, that most likely indicates that applying solution 1 (or maybe 2) will solve the problem.

ok the way I transferred the songs to the bb was with the beatbuddy loader, directly to a folder on the bb, I will try the beatbuddy manager then. By the way, I have Audio settings in stereo.

Make sure you’ve quit the BBLoader before you open the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM).

Hello again, I think I got it. I imported "substdproplbass0-31 and 62-91 and it works with 10 acdc top 10. I also downloaded 14gb of drm in the dropbox link. I have a card in the 32gb beatbuddy, do you think I should install all those drumkits or better only the ones I advise the downloaded song?
The only thing is that the pedal does not have transitions nor is it usable, only for double pressing and ending the song, I suppose that will be the case.

Glad you’re getting it working.

My opinion is if you have a Mac, only load the drum sets for the songs that require them. The more drum sets you have, the longer it will take if you have to use the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) to export them to your SD card. If you have a Windows computer, you can load all of the drum sets and use the Synchronization feature of the Windows BBM. It will update the content on your SD card very quickly. I have ~120 drum sets in my project.

Correct.

I have Windows 10. I put the two files together with the 10 that come with the beatbuddy from the factory. I don’t know if there is a way to organize all the drumkits in folders so that there are not so many files in the Beatbuddy DRUMKIT directory, so that it is not easier to “navigate”, but i will investigate, hehe, thank you again and happy weekend!

1 Like