A dedicated mute/stop button for single tracks instead of double tap

I would’ve loved to see an actual stop (mute) button, comparable to most other loopers.

Double tapping requires just a bit of extra coordination which if not done correctly sometimes misfires and triggers the overdub. Then it gets a bit messy, you have to look at the unit to see wether you are accidentally in overdub mode or in play mode before you can stop/mute the track, also you have to undo the accidental overdub. I rely heavily on using more tracks and stopping/muting, won’t feel secure to use this intuitively in a live setting, using the same button for recording, muting and undoing feels a bit stressful.

Suggestion:

1. make the stop all button a stop/mute button for the single tracks, double tapping for instance or holding it will stop all tracks. Holding it after the entire song is stopped will erase the entire song
  2. Or make a mode where the ‘select part’ button becomes a mute/stop button and parts are disabled. I’d rather have the option to use a dedicated stop button instead of being able to use song parts, this can be a switchable setting for the song. Also this button could work as a delete/undo button when holding.

So far I think the unit is really interesting and has some well thought out functionality I really dig. But I find it less intuitive doing the most basic operations and I might return it because of this. A bummer, because there’s a lot to love.

Hey there,

We likely will not be doing something like this

The main reason being, the machine was built as it was, the change to this core feature is far too costly in dev time when the solution to use MIDI to do this (or the new hands free slideout in version 5.0.3 or later) is always available to customers.

For this reason I will tag this as #considered

Thank you for your request

Thanks for the explanation, this is helpful. The undoing works, although I would’ve loved to see an actual stop (mute) button, comparable to most other loopers. Double tapping requires just a bit of extra coordination which if not done correctly sometimes misfires and triggers the overdub. Then it gets a bit messy, you have to look at the unit to see wether you are accidentally in overdub mode or in play mode before you can stop/mute the track, also you have to undo the accidental overdub. I rely heavily on using more tracks and stopping/muting, won’t feel secure to use this intuitively in a live setting, using the same button for recording, muting and undoing feels a bit stressful.

Suggestion: make the stop all button a stop/mute button for the single tracks, holding it will stop all tracks and holding it after all is stopped will erase the entire song. Or make a mode where the ‘select part’ button becomes a mute/stop button. I’d rather have a dedicated stop button instead of being able to use parts. I will post this in suggestions as well.

So far I think the unit is really interesting and has some well thought out functionality I really dig. But I find it less intuitive doing the most basic operations and I might return it because of this. A bummer, because there’s a lot to love.

I moved your comment on the other post here, since it seemed relevant

you can single tap mute, in the mixer panel

1 Like