About the software manager: basic functions

I might add that people are being even less kind about the software on the gear page.

They just didn’t grasp the idea of the software.

The actual GUI is pretty advanced, and such an interface was indeed impossible with an old DOS system. Drag and drop is definitely off now, but I know it is not hard to add that feature at all (I personally did it many times in my projects). Keyboard shortcuts or accelerators are absent in this version as well.

All in all, Mac users, prepare to have a much more polished version, and remember, that it was brought to you by Windows beta testers! :slight_smile:

Sorry mate but… I’ve created a midi file, then opened the BB manager menu Import/Export… what do I have to import now? A song? Don’t think so, as songs have .sng extensions. I’m pretty confused :shock: Can you help me once more?

Nevermind, I got it :slight_smile:

by the way, a couple of strange things happen:

1. if I load different songs, the sound of my midi intro changes. For example, if I load a jazz song, I got a sound, if I load a bossa song, I got another different sound. if I use default metronome, this don’t happen. I suppose I missed something when I created the midi file.
  2. you said I don’t have to store anything, but I have to, or I can’t find the midi file when I try to change intro into a song.
    hope i’ve been clear, as English is not my language.

the actual sound you get is going to depend on what drums you have loaded…As far as I can tell at the moment you can only have 1 kit in at a time. So If you play a song that was created with a Latin drum kit, for example, but play it with a rock kit, it will sound strange, but rhythmically it will be perfect.

Most if not all of the Jazz songs on the default sets use a drum set. But the Bossa nova uses a standard set, so there are going to be different sounds if you mix midi’s from one set with another.
Metronomes, are not strictly speaking drums, but clicks generated without any actual drums so they will stay the same regardless of what kit is loaded.

the MIDI track itself is just a list of triggers,(the pattern) which hit the drums in the right order and temp, for example if you tell it to trigger a crash cymbal, it will play a crash cymbal, but the actual sound will depend on what kind of crash cymbal you have loaded…
hope that helps.

It does, thank you :slight_smile:

I think that will be very helpful to a whole lot of us. Thank you.

PD

Is there a Video Yet? I,m kinda lost I down loaded the Hydrogen program it’s free
They have export Midi file or export Song file not sure what file format to use for export.
Then I opened BBManager went to export folder it created a PBF file not a folder I can’t open it so
I’m not sure how to use it.
A little Video would be great .
Jim

You don’t export anything from BB manager software. You only import your MIDI files there. Original MIDI files are located on your shipped SD card (or inside a downloaded SD card content archive) inside a folder ‘MIDI loops - content 1.2’.

hmm well yes you do, but I agree with some of the users here, the concepts of import,export, load, save, map etc are all rather confusing to people who are not used to computer software’s little foibles.

I am hoping they will hide a lot of this file management from the user, there really isn’t much need to involve them in the project file management and develop some much simpler terms for the different types of file.

My thoughts exactly

I have nothing of value to add to the conversation atm, but I second you in that the number of options to do the similar thing should be cut.

I think having only 2 options (1. load 2. save) is more than enough. The software can easily get the file content and then apply necessary loading procedure accordingly.