Aeros 3.4.2 - Tracks of the same part shifting over time

Hi @BrennanSingularSound, could you please consider tagging this issue ?

2 Likes

It is being investigated

2 Likes

Hello @BrennanSingularSound,

Could you share with us where your investigations have led you to, and what the prioritization of this bug is (and thus update tags)?
I confirm this is pretty painful and easily reproducible, so it should not be a big deal for you to find the root cause. I am pretty surprised that such a huge bug has not been tackled within the 3.5.x release

Really? I tested it out and it’s a lot better now in 3.5 then it was. It still shifts slightly on tracks 3,4,5 and 6 but then it snaps right back into normal
 Will have to do more testing again but I swear it was better.

Thank you for your feedback @Brockstar,

I don’t know yet. Maybe you’re right, as I didn’t yet install the 3.5

Before installing a release I generally read the release sheet, and a fix for this bug is not mentioned.

I will probably be able to give it a try today EOB, and no need to swear, as testing it is pretty straightforward :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

In any case this bug needs an update from @BrennanSingularSound, either as tentatively fixed by the release and/or regarding investigations results

1 Like

I confirm that the 3.5 release does not fix the issue !

If you apply the same procedure I described in this bug report, after a while, tracks shift:

Then when your record the second track the two tracks align during the recording (and btw this is a new behavior introduced by this 3.5 release) :

And once the recording is done, the shift inverts

Capture d'écran Deepin_zone de sélection _20210426155314

So first, good news, the release 3.5.x changelog is correct ;-)
 This bug fix is not part of the 3.5 release.

So then, back to my initial statement, @BrennanSingularSound could you please share the status of this ?

So yes it snaps back to normal during the recording but then after you end recording, you should see strange glitches

Ok so been messing with it in 2x2 and 6x6 on the new 3.5.x firmware for past hour and I can’t really get it to do the off measurements like it used to do in previous firmware
 once in a blue moon a track will shift ever so slightly when recording but snap in place once it plays but not like it was before for me. Somehow it’s fixed for me?

Hey there,

basically we have improved it to some extent, there should no longer be any major audio desyncs, but the visual scrolling issue is unfortunately a larger issue that we are already aware of and tracking but could not deal with immediately with 3.5.x.

We hope to address the issue as soon as possible but preferred to release the version as it was as it contained many other bug fixes and most users do not use the Aeros for such long recordings (as of now by circumstance).

Thanks for the feedback!

Just chipping in to say I have had this phenomenon too. Update version 4.2, in freeform mode on 6-6. Part 5 cycles a couple of times in perfect time and then starts inching forwards drifting hilariously out of sync. It’s pretty wild. Part 6 below it stays rock solid.