Aeros + BeatBuddy question about auto starting Aeros

My apologies if this has been asked and answered - I searched but didn’t find it.

I have both the Aeros (latest firmware, 2.11.1) and my BeatBuddy also at latest firmware.

I have BB configured to automatically start the Aeros recording and/or playing.

I use my BB almost all the time when playing, writing, and practicing. I use my Aeros sometimes - not all the time.

Is there a way … without changing the settings on the BeatBuddy … to disable the auto record / auto play on the Aeros as it is signaled from the BeatBuddy?

The reason I want to do that is when I don’t want Aeros to start recording or playing when I’m just using the BeatBuddy, but not looping or otherwise using the Aeros.

It seems that the Aeros even starts recording / playing even when it’s on the Home screen. I thought at least that would keep it from activating.

If I’m missing something obvious, please let me know. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!!

AFAIK there is no way to do it but this has been asked (by me for one). You can try search for “disarm” to pick up other threads.

My way around this issue is to connect the Aeros as an FX loop on my Line6 Helix Effects. You can assign a button to it and only engage it when you want to record/loop. The downside is that you need to configure it for every Helix preset but you do that anyway with common effects like reverb, overdrive etc.

This works really well for me but you obviously need a Helix or similar. The Helix is an outstanding piece of kit!

I am using a Helix so that’s a possibility, however, to keep from having to modify every preset on the Helix in order to patch in the Aeros into an FX loop, I have my Helix main L/R outs feeding the Aeros, then the Aeros outs feed my mixer. Thus, the Aeros is available on every preset all the time and I can easily switch presets, instruments (guitar/bass), etc.

Thanks for the suggestion, though!

My current work around for this is to have a blank song for each tempo type (4/4, 3/4, 6/8 etc.), and then load the blank when I don’t want to immediately start looping when the Beatbuddy starts. The songs should be in 6x6 mode. Before starting the Beatbuddy, press the RPO twice (the Aeros will have set itself to the Beatbuddy tempo because the song was empty). Then stop the Aeros. The first track is now one bar long and with no sound. The Aeros will start when you start the Beatbuddy but it won’t record anything unless you change the Aeros track, which you can do at any time during the song.

When the song is finished either load another song, without saving the blank one, or use the top left foot switch on the Aeros to clear the blank song ready for the next number.

One issue there is that you can’t power off the Aeros because it won’t pass your signal to the mixer when it’s off :frowning:

Most pedals are like that aren’t they?

The only way I know to do it is to disconnect the midi cable.

This has been requested, we would need a MIDI sync off setting, which we plan on implementing soon, thank you for your feedback here.

yea it would be good … thanks we sometimes only practice @BrennanSingularSound

I don’t know if it is the same for Beat Buddy, but using an External MIDI Clock with Aeros and firmware 3.3.0, if I send the MIDI Transport Start command and Aeros is on a new song with no prior recorded Loops, Aeros does play now without initiating a recording.

Hey there,

do you have MIDI Start set to Record and Playback in the Device Settings Menu?

Let me know thanks!

I didn’t even see that option in Aeros, good call! (Mine is set to Playback only, BTW, so that must explain why it works for me that way)

1 Like

Glad I could help!