Aeros does not receive Transition from Beatbuddy

Hello All,
I’ve been a Beatbuddy user for a number of years. I used the Beatbuddy with an Infinity Looper. I purchased an Aeros last week and I’ve experienced a a hiccup.

First of all let me define the environment:
Equipment - Morningstar MC8 → Beatbuddy → Aeros
MIDI channels: Beatbuddy MIDI in is All (Omni). MIDI Out Channel 2. Output is MIDI Merge. Aeros MIDI In Channel 2
The problem: When the Aeros is “listening” on Channel 2, it never receives the Transition CC 102 and does not change to the next part. However, if I set the Aeros Midi In to “All” it responds every time. Interestingly, CC102 sent on Channel 2 from the MC8 works flawlessly when the Aeros is set on Channel 2. This behavior is present in 2X2 and 6X6 modes. As previously stated, when the Aeros is set to Midi In: All, it works fine. Hmm, irritating. Beatbuddy version is 3.8.0. Aeros 4.0.2. Is this a bug in the Beatbuddy version I’m using? I haven’t upgraded the firmware because I’ve read there have been some problems is later versions.

Also, I’ve been able to use CC118 Value 0 to enter and exit folders on the Beatbuddy, but haven’t found a command to select a song. If I wait a few seconds, the pedal will select the song currently pointed at, but when performing, that’s not optimal. I use Scroll Up and Scroll Down (CC119) to peruse the folders and songs rather than a command to select a specific folder and song. Any ideas?

You would need a later version of the Beatbuddy firmware as version 3.8 only sends cc102 on channel 1
Hope this Helps.

Thanks. I‘ll explore that.

Hey there,

This above poster is correct!

3.9.9 fixed this issue

We have a later version 4.0.1 available now as beta that is looking very solid! Try it out if you’d like!

[
That’s good info! Any suggestions on the following?

“Also, I’ve been able to use CC118 Value 0 to enter and exit folders on the Beatbuddy, but haven’t found a command to select a song. If I wait a few seconds, the pedal will select the song currently pointed at, but when performing, that’s not optimal. I use Scroll Up and Scroll Down (CC119) to peruse the folders and songs rather than a command to select a specific folder and song.“
[/quote]

You can only open song that is selected by pressing the Main Pedal, you could do this via MIDI by using the Main Pedal emulation in 3.9.9 and above

Main Pedal Emulation
CC-120 values 0,1: 1 - Emulates Main Pedal press; 0 - Emulates Main Pedal release

You can find all supported commands for our devices here

Ok, new issue here, when i play the BeatBuddy master, and hit the transition for the beatbuddy, the Aeros music track stops playing music, it is still running but the loop is gone, then when i transition back it reappears. I am missing something, just started doing this.

Ok, here is what I did to fix the issue, I went into the BeatBuddy and turned off CC102, and now it works like it did before. Thanks

This is because the BeatBuddy was sending the CC:102 command which makes the Aeros transition immediately when received in 2x2 or selecting a part in 6x6.