Hi fellow BeatBuddies!
I’m happy to announce a new BeatBuddy firmware version 3.9.0 “MIDI Optimizations and Bug Exterminations”.
We tested this extensively, but we will put a ‘beta’ designation here for the next week just in case anyone finds an issue that we missed. If you do find a bug please let us know:
- What happened (more details, the better)
- What were you doing with the BeatBuddy when the issue occurred.
- What other devices were connected to the BeatBuddy
- Are you able to repeat the issue?
- If possible, post a short video of the issue (you can send it to us by email if you wish, to firstname.lastname@example.org)
New Mono / Stereo Setting for drum mix: This is useful if you don’t have a stereo sound system, you can set the drums to mono to hear the BeatBuddy’s summed signal.
• Found in the Audio Settings Folder
• Mono / Stereo setting only affects the BeatBuddy’s own signal in both the Main and Headphone outputs. It does not affect any sound the BeatBuddy passes through from the inputs to the outputs.
External Footswitch now automatically controls scroll up/down while in song or
folder screen, regardless of footswitch settings
Double Tap during stop / intro state
• Outro enabled: BB will switch and play the outro
• Outro disabled: BB will immediately cancel the intro
- Added missing help info for outro menu
- Added support for successive transition MIDI commands
• This helps with the stability of quickly repeated transition start and end MIDI commands sent by the user
• Allows receiving both the start and end transition commands simultaneously
- Fixed Mute Pause MIDI activation issue
- Wake up BB when receiving MIDI Messages from sleep state
- Disable Internal MIDI Sync Output (from BB) when the BB is sync to external clock. This fixes the ‘double clock’ problem.
- Send Time signature every 3 seconds (approx). Keeps the time signature on the Aeros synced with the time signature on the BeatBuddy (Aeros song must be blank for the time signature to be changed)
- Added MIDI CC Inc / Dec for Headphones (CC:109) and Mix (CC:108) volume
- Display volume changes (Headphones and Mix) when changing them with MIDI
- Fixed bug where Next Part CC:102 command did not follow the BeatBuddy’s set MIDI Out channel
- Set MIDI merge as default MIDI Out value
- Use MIDI velocity for MIDI accent hit
- Song Player MIDI control logic update
• Go to stopped state when receiving MIDI stop message from paused state
• Play outro when receiving outro message when stopped
- Added MIDI CC:120 as remote main pedal control
• Value > 0 : Pedal Press
• Value = 0 : Pedal Release
- Folder selection done through Program Change can now address up to 16,384 folders
If you happen to find a bug in the new firmware, (first please tell us!) and you would like to revert to a previous version of the firmware, you can use the same update process as in the video above. Just use the older firmware version files.
Previous firmware versions: