New BeatBuddy Firmware (3.8.0 "The MIDI Maestro Support Update")

Hi Everybody!

I’m happy to announce a new version of the BeatBuddy firmware.

This new update is mainly to add support for our new MIDI Maestro product. We also fixed a few bugs that you guys reported to us. The details are below:

3.8.0 Changelog:

• Updated Half / Double time algorithm
    • Resets on stop
    • Waits for the End Of Measure to change while Mute Pause is activated – this keep BeatBuddy in time with other devices
  • Displays Half / Double time on screen when activated
  • Made next part midi message (CC-112) enabled by default (this is crucial for BeatBuddy to work properly with the Aeros).
  • Added enter / exit folder midi message (CC-118, value=1-127)
  • Added scroll up / down commands for songs and folders lists (CC-119, value=0 scrolls down, value=1 scrolls up)
  • Made song and folder list menu big font when scrolling with MIDI commands for easier visibility
  • Selects song currently highlighted in the song menu if no action after 8 seconds
  • Added Midi sync clock setting (Playing not paused) - this turns off MIDI clock when paused
  • Fixed start message always being sent when count-in was activated
  • Fixed midi next part not sent when midi merge activated

Reference: BeatBuddy MIDI Commands spreadsheet

As always, if you find any bugs or have ideas for improving the BeatBuddy, please email us at support@singularsound.com

Download BeatBuddy Firmware 3.8.0 here!

If you happen to find a bug in the new firmware, (first please tell us!) and you would like to revert to a previous version of the firmware, you can use the same update process as in the video above. Just use the older firmware version files.

Previous firmware versions:

BeatBuddy Firmware 3.60

BeatBuddy Firmware 3.20

BeatBuddy Firmware 2.70

BeatBuddy Firmware 2.04

2 Likes

Great, @DavidPackouz, thanks!

Two things:

• Did you mean CC-102, as is the current case?
  • Did you fix the MIDI MERGE problems with cc102? The BB doesn’t pass that command in MERGE mode – which could turn out to be really important if your MIDI chain is MM >> BB >> Aeros (or any other MIDI-controlled device).

EDIT: You said, “Fixed midi next part not sent when midi merge activated,” which I think means yes, we send a CC102 even in MERGE mode. So, I suppose I only have the one question…

:slight_smile:
Thanks!

Joe

@JoeInOttawa yes, I meant CC-102. I guess I could have been clearer. This should be working now. Let me know if you spot any bugs :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much for this, and for the updated MIDI information. I am looking forward to trying it out in my BB !!

1 Like

Yep thanks guys a welcome update (hahaha assuming it doesn’t break anything :wink: )

1 Like

Tutorial is quick, easy and worked perfectly. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi. Re: the above -

Does this mean the new FW provides the option of having the clock stop (or not) when paused?

I hope so, as it is one of my use cases to pause the BB (the drummer lays out for 4 or 8) while my looper (which needs to stay tempo locked) continues to play the rest of the arrangement. Then I restart the BB (the drummer comes back in), with nary a perturbation in the Force (tempo). :smile:

Yes, exactly! Let me know if it’s working properly for you.

Yes, working as advertised, thanks! In fact, a whole bunch of great additions in 3.80. Kudos to the Singular team!

1 Like