I’m happy to announce a new version of the BeatBuddy firmware.
This new update is mainly to add support for our new MIDI Maestro product. We also fixed a few bugs that you guys reported to us. The details are below:
- Updated Half / Double time algorithm
- Resets on stop
- Waits for the End Of Measure to change while Mute Pause is activated – this keep BeatBuddy in time with other devices
- Displays Half / Double time on screen when activated
- Made next part midi message (CC-112) enabled by default (this is crucial for BeatBuddy to work properly with the Aeros).
- Added enter / exit folder midi message (CC-118, value=1-127)
- Added scroll up / down commands for songs and folders lists (CC-119, value=0 scrolls down, value=1 scrolls up)
- Made song and folder list menu big font when scrolling with MIDI commands for easier visibility
- Selects song currently highlighted in the song menu if no action after 8 seconds
- Added Midi sync clock setting (Playing not paused) - this turns off MIDI clock when paused
- Fixed start message always being sent when count-in was activated
- Fixed midi next part not sent when midi merge activated
Reference: BeatBuddy MIDI Commands spreadsheet
As always, if you find any bugs or have ideas for improving the BeatBuddy, please email us at email@example.com
If you happen to find a bug in the new firmware, (first please tell us!) and you would like to revert to a previous version of the firmware, you can use the same update process as in the video above. Just use the older firmware version files.
Previous firmware versions: