New BeatBuddy Firmware (3.8.0 "The MIDI Maestro Support Update")

Contact support.

1 Like

You have to set the Pedal to react on the Release instead of the press, or else the BB will react as soon as you press and then activate the hold command.

This setting is in Main Pedal > Start Beat.

Reminder that 3.9.x is still a beta

2 Likes

joesleets

3.8 after update when i pause the beatbuddy usually for me the end of a song. i step on the main pedal to clear the pause so i can que up the next song. But now it still works but it plays the song for a second?

Why not just stop the BB song with a double tap (MM end song), and no outro? I only ever use pause when it’s required in my song followed by unpause at the appropriate time.

I’m still on 3.8, but I have a similar issue that I can’t figure out.
I used to understand it that when you scroll to a folder, then hold down the foot switch to get into the folder, then scroll down to the song you want, you have to press the pedal to select that song in a 'Stopped" mode…

Now, I can’t figure out why sometimes I do that and it works the way I just described, and then I go through those steps again, and it starts playing the song the first time I press the pedal. So to test…I back out of the folder to another, and then back again to the same song, a press the pedal, and then randomly the next time it works like I think it should, and holds on that song 'stopped"
What am I doing wrong?

I just unboxed my new Beatbuddy.
It tells me the installed firmware is 3.9.9.4
I suppose my pedal does not need an update since this website page offers version 3.8.0

Nope…we’re up to 4.01 or something like that, but up to you if you update the FW.