Hi fellow BeatBuddies!
EDIT: (Nov 11, 2021) We are changing version 4.01 designation from beta to an official release! Please note that there is a rare known bug in this version (it is fixable, however), see below the changelog for more info.
BeatBuddy Firmware 4.0.1 Changelog
- Added confirmation popup when song is added to a playlist
- Reduced “Added to playlist X” popup text size
- Allow user to use Tap button once playlist dialogue is started
- Fixed Cancel transition action. (Infinite loop during transition)
- Fixed external outro request after transition on song without outro
- Playlist creation stability fix
BeatBuddy Firmware 4.0.0 Changelog
- Playlists allow you to organize your songs without duplicating them or using the BeatBuddy Manager
- Any song can be added to a new or existing playlist by holding down the tempo knob while the song is selected in the folder screen
- The BeatBuddy can support 17 Playlists each with up to 128 songs
- Playlist songs can be selected by MIDI via MIDI LSB (CC:32) 111 - 127 and PC commands. CC:32, Value 111 is Playlist 1, Value 112 is Playlist 2, etc. The PC value is equal to the song order in the Playlist.
- A playlist song can be removed by holding down the tempo knob while the song is selected in the Playlist screen and selecting Remove
- Playlist songs can be reordered by holding down the tempo knob while the song is selected in the Playlist screen and selecting the Move option
- If a playlist is selected, the BB will reload the current playlist / song on the next reboot
- Force “main screen” when BB is receives a Volume change followed by program change
- Ignore MSB Bank value in Midi song selection since Aeros is using it. LSB (CC:32) Value is equal to the Folder Order, PC is equal to the Song Order within the folder
- Help texts and menu upgrade
- Send start message when unpausing with a footswitch drum fill
- Send start message when unpausing with a MIDI fill command
- Program Change: Ignore PC if LSB was not received and/or overridden by MSB
- Improve Midi Sync BPM filtering
- CC Outro setting: Added playing-only option to ignore outro cc when stopped
- Main Pedal: Increased debouncing to prevent transition glitches
- Fix outro behavior that was causing some of the last notes of outros not to be played, depending on initial state of BeatBuddy
KNOWN BUG: A few users have reported that when first installing the new firmware and using the new playlist feature, that their SD card becomes corrupted and is no longer readable by the BeatBuddy. It appears to work fine once a user re-synchronizes their SD card to their project in the BeatBuddy Manager, and they do not see the bug occur again.
Unfortunately, we cannot reproduce this bug ourselves and so have been unable to fix it.
Before installing firmware 4.01 please make a copy of your SD card on your computer to ensure nothing is lost, if you have not done so already. It is always good practice to have an updated copy somewhere in general, in case you lose your SD card.
If this bug occurs, PLEASE: Do not resynchronize the project at first, and do the following:
Before resynchronizing, using your corrupted SD card:
- Take a screenshot of the SD card contents, showing the amount of space left on the device
- Zip the whole content of the SD card and send it along with the screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org via WeTransfer
We believe if we have the contents and a screenshot we can find the reason this bug is happening in the first place.
If you find any other bug please let us know:
- What happened (more details, the better)
- What were you doing with the BeatBuddy when the issue occurred.
- What other devices were connected to the BeatBuddy
- Are you able to repeat the issue?
- If possible, post a short video (unlisted youtube video works great) of the issue (you can send it to us by email if you wish, to email@example.com)
Previous firmware versions: