Hi fellow BeatBuddies!
We’re very happy to release BeatBuddy Firmware 4.0.0! Changelog is below.
This release will be designated as “beta” for public testing for the next week. If no major bugs are found, we will designate it as an official release and post the updated manual.
BeatBuddy Firmware 4.0.0 Changelog
- Playlists allow you to organize your songs without duplicating them or using the BeatBuddy Manager
- Any song can be added to a new or existing playlist by holding down the tempo knob while the song is selected in the folder screen
- The BeatBuddy can support 17 Playlists each with up to 128 songs
- Playlist songs can be selected by MIDI via MIDI LSB (CC:32) 111 - 127 and PC commands. CC:32, Value 111 is Playlist 1, Value 112 is Playlist 2, etc. The PC value is equal to the song order in the Playlist.
- A playlist song can be removed by holding down the tempo knob while the song is selected in the Playlist screen and selecting Remove
- Playlist songs can be reordered by holding down the tempo knob while the song is selected in the Playlist screen and selecting the Move option
- If a playlist is selected, the BB will reload the current playlist / song on the next reboot
- Force “main screen” when BB is receives a Volume change followed by program change
- Ignore MSB Bank value in Midi song selection since Aeros is using it. LSB (CC:32) Value is equal to the Folder Order, PC is equal to the Song Order within the folder
- Help texts and menu upgrade
- Send start message when unpausing with a footswitch drum fill
- Send start message when unpausing with a MIDI fill command
- Program Change: Ignore PC if LSB was not received and/or overridden by MSB
- Improve Midi Sync BPM filtering
- CC Outro setting: Added playing-only option to ignore outro cc when stopped
- Main Pedal: Increased debouncing to prevent transition glitches
- Fix outro behavior that was causing some of the last notes of outros not to be played, depending on initial state of BeatBuddy
If you find a bug please let us know:
- What happened (more details, the better)
- What were you doing with the BeatBuddy when the issue occurred.
- What other devices were connected to the BeatBuddy
- Are you able to repeat the issue?
- If possible, post a short video of the issue (you can send it to us by email if you wish, to email@example.com)
Previous firmware versions: