BeatBuddy Firmware 4.0.x "Playlists!"

Not sure how this would be confusing. In my opinion it is much more confusing to have “Rock 2” in your playlist multiple times, and then have to remember which song each version is utilized for without having a unique name.

1 Like

has the problem of corrupting the files on the card been resolved?

I’m testing it from the beginning. The only thing you have to do, is syncing the sd card. After that, everything is working for me.
I very happy, with the playlists. Working awesome and the problem with the transitions are solved.
Thank’s for the work. I keeping it. :grinning:

This has not been confirmed to be related to the firmware, this can happen for other reasons like a sudden loss of contact or power during the update. We have not seen this on our side and it is not reproducible.

Thanks for the question

It seems confusing to have multiple names for the same song, the screen will show what Playlist it is currently in (1-17). What would be the use case for placing the same song in the same playlist multiple times?

:+1: Happy to hear!

Because the “song” “Rock 2” for instance, can easily be used for a multitude of different songs. Same beat, but used for different songs at different tempos. It is my go to beat for many songs. All I have to do is change the tempo to what is required for the song I’m using it for at the time. If you have a playlist that contains multiple (different) songs that use Rock 2, then you will see “Rock 2” in the playlist multiple times instead of the actual name of the song that you are using it for. It would be nice to save it with the song name you are using it for with the proper tempo. Hopefully that was clearer than what I stated in my earlier post.

1 Like

How do sync? Is it just putting your SD card in the computer? Or, do you need to do something with Beatbuddy Manager? I haven’t used BBM, yet. I just have the default content, and the 2021 Premium Complete Collection on my card. I’m still on 3.8, because it seems like that was the last update that was stable. I want to be able to use 4.0.0, however.

You need the Beatbuddy Manager.
I understand, you never adding content on your card, but if you do that, you always safe and sync your card. So install BBM, put your card in your comp. and sync (in the menu) your card.
Make sure, you have a copy of your card. You never know. :blush:

It can’t hurt to read the user manual and you can find it along with more information here resources

I have been trying to use the 4.0.0 firmware but when I add a song to a playlist, then go to that playlist and try to load the song, the BeatBuddy stops working. The counter bar disappears and the pedal no longer does anything. If I take out the SD Card and put it in my computer, I can see that the PLAYLIST folder has been created, but it is empty. If I delete the PLAYLIST folder and put the SD card back into the BeatBuddy, it works fine. Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but the playlist feature is not working for me.

Other users have reporter that syncing the project on the BBM is the solution here, we are looking into why this is, thanks!

Hi Brennan,
Thanks for the reply. I have tried syncing with BBM, but it hasn’t helped. I do notice though, that coming from the BeatBuddy I need to Scan and Repair the SD card before the Sync is successful. Otherwise BBM can’t seem to write certain files to the card. Is something happening to the card when the playlist tries to get written in the BeatBuddy?

Great - I can confirm that bug is fixed - cheers!

So far all is working stable as expected … playing with the playlists is next :smile:

7 posts were split to a new topic: Can’t load folder of songs to BeatBuddy Manager (BBM)

My first post: As a new owner of BB+MM+Aeros, I am just getting my head around it all and focussing on getting it all current. It’s a steep learning curve. This community forum helps.

But I just wanted to say how much my new equipment means to me already, and to thank all at Singular Sound for these innovations. I am a jazz guitarist/composer, and more than adequately matched with technology that facilitates both easy set arrangements and improvisation on the fly. I could not be happier.

I moved from the RC500 but kept banging my head against limitations. This is a whole different level.

Cost me a fortune and the RC500 is now up for resale. Any offers|? lol

Regards to all.

I very happy, with the playlists. Working awesome and the problem with the transitions are solved.
Thank’s for the work. I keeping it. :grinning:

Can you describe what the problems with the transitions are? I got a BeatBuddy this week, and love it, except that sometimes the transitions “cancel out”. I long-tap to start the transitions and it enters transition mode. When I release the long-tap. transition mode exits and it’s still on the same song part it was on before. Is that the issue that is fixed on 4.0?

Exactly. In 3.9, sometimes, the transitions faltered and came up later.
I’m using now 4.1 and I have no problems enymore

How do you mean 4.1 … I thought 4.0.0. is the latest BB firmware - can you please confirm?

I can confirm that I DO still have the transition problem on the 4.0 release. On Comfortably Numb from the Premium Package, on Song Part 2 I can consistently reproduce it, where the transition starts, and then goes away when I lift off the pedal, leaving it still on Part 2. I’ve noticed it on other tracks as well, all ones that I have downloaded from the Premium Library. I’m beginning to wonder if there’s not some kind of hardware problem with my specific pedal.

It will be 4.0 i am confused with the aeros but to be honest i have had no problem anymore

1 Like

is it 4.0 or 4.1 the latest software version?