BeatBuddy Firmware 4.0.x "Playlists!"

Is 4.0 still in beta,

Thank you for reporting, we are looking into this

Great!

So happy to hear it!!! We love being a part of the creative process

We are in touch separately, the fact this is reproducible means we can likely fix it, stay tuned!

The current official version is: 3.9.9.4
The current beta is: 4.0.0

Thanks all

Hi @BrennanSingularSound,

My current BB install reads 4.0.0 ā€¦ is 4.0.1 available via the link in the first post ā€¦ there it still reads 4.0.0 though ā€¦

Oops! My bad beta is still 4.0.0!

1 Like

BeatBuddy Firmware 4.0.1 has been posted! See original post above.

3 Likes

Itā€™s working great for me!

3 Likes

anyone having any issues with 4.0.1?
whoever has already updated, do you recommend? pleaseā€¦

I was going to ask the same, hahaha! How is everyoneā€™s experience? Playlists ok? Did we catch the nasty sync bug?

4.0.1 is working flawless here :+1:

Iā€™m not trying to be stupid here but where are the instructions on creating a playlist? I updated to 4.0.1 from 3.9 but canā€™t find a playlist option. Thanks!

Hey, no issue this doesnā€™t have a manual yet, here is what was written in the original post

Iā€™ve updated to 4.0.1 but I cannot find the Playlist option anywhere. Where do you find it? The change log seems to assume you see the Playlist option.

You just select a song, any song, and hold the tempo knob, it will ask you what Playlist youā€™d like to add the song to.

OK. I figured it out. Now I have the same problem as several other people where once I add some songs to the Playlist and restart my Beat Buddy I lose everything on the SD card. It says no songs!

There seems to be a serious bug in the playlist system on initial usage and the file system is damaged. Use BB Manager to restore to the SSD card etc. Even when itā€™s working again the Playlist folders can disappear again. Its not reliable.

I know! I tried on 2 different SD cards and both lost everything. I restored from the Beat Buddy manager. I hope they figure it out.

You are positive you are on 4.0.1 and not 4.0.0? Could you please verify in the main menu of the BeatBuddy in the About BeatBuddy page?

Thanks for reporting!

Yes Iā€™m positive Iā€™m on 4.0.1. I double checked to be sure.

Thanks!

I upgraded to 4.0.1 without problems. Created a playlist and will play in practice with that list tonight. Will report back any problems I encounter, or if I donā€™t have any problems.

Seems to be working OK. Didnā€™t notice any issues with playback or scrolling through the list using the external pedal. I did have to change the behavior of my pedal as the firmware upgrade reset it. Change to start on release so that long press can end the song so that the external pedal can select the next song in the list. Once I got that figured out again, worked great.