Aeros firmware 2.15.x

Regarding the problems of instruments gains and Aeros output level, and as I have already expressed, it is essential to have two pages to manage level/panoramics of inputs and levels/panoramics outputs of each track.
This will necessarily solve all the problems depending on the instruments used and it will make possible to root inputs to different tracks (nothing new, that’s what made the EHX95000 awesome).

Thank you, @DavidPackouz and @BrennanSingularSound, and thanks to the Singular Sound Dev team!

1 Like

Thanks for responding, David, but I’m not sure I understand. If sync is turned off, and I record a second track about 3 measures after the first one starts (because that’s where I want it to start), if I stop the looper and start it, will that second track start 3 measures after the first track started? I hope so, because at least with freeform mode, I want different things to come in at different times, depending on what’s going on. If, all of a sudden, the start of them all get moved to the beginning, it’s not going to sound right.

Thanks for the update… This Release shows a good amount of polishing.

I see though the time limit is still about 2:30
Will that change, I hope? If so, what limit are you thinking?

2 Likes

Slightly related to this, the end of loop feature would be better if the Aeros was the master of the BB for things like next part. The BB doesn’t know about the loop length. Bonus points for the Aeros having an option to set how far in advance of the end of loop for the BB to start playing the transition fill.

It’s pretty easy for the BB to transition to the next part well before the Aeros starts the next loop. It’s also easy to miss the end of the loop (when using the BB to transition) and have to wait an entire loop to change the part. Have to admit I was cursing the BB until I figured this out. I’ve learned to start the transition well before the end of the loop … and release the BB button well before the start of the next loop.

FYI, I just replied to @AnthonySostre post on the proposed midi implementation here. Not completely thought through and a bit long winded.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update. Honestly I’m sad to see nothing about the muting, even in the “Coming next” section. E.g. the "Advanced crossfade / fade in/out algorithm" thing, although sounds fun to work on, but in my opinion it’s a lot more advanced and less pressing than improving the muting experience. Muting is such a basic feature and it’s barely usable as of today. Two thing that I personally need badly in Aeros is: (1) mute with a single click; and (2) mute at the end of the measure / end of loop. (details in this topic). @DavidPackouz could you clarify what are your priorities re: muting?

Thanks.

1 Like

Based on what’s been discussed with respect to midi commands, I think the midi implementation update will satisfy part of your request when it drops. With it, you should be able to do one tap muting and a bunch of other stuff over midi. The full midi implementation is what I’m looking forward to.

I agree that full MIDI implementation is useful (and more useful than “Advanced crossfade / fade in/out algorithm”), but I wouldn’t consider it an acceptable general solution for muting. I mean, using MIDI for muting means having one more external device, which will take more room and more money. Again, full MIDI impl could be useful for a lot of things, but if it’s just for muting, it would mean: take an excellent piece of hardware (which Aeros is), write badly thought-out firmware for it, and then patch the deficiencies with a hack (external MIDI controller).

The Aeros itself has full potential to handle muting on its own.

@dimonomid Your argument for what’s more useful than "Advanced crossfade /fade in/out algorithm is really interesting in that it highlights one of our biggest challenges yet with developing this looper! When it comes to looping, we’re quickly finding out that it’s such a personally tailored experience that every musician has their own unique priorities and workflow. This results in situations where we have some people who say the product is “unusable” until something like advanced crossfading is implemented while others (such as yourself) argue that MIDI implementation is higher priority.

Ultimately, both are valid and there’s no one right musician. As such, there’s no one right development path for the Aeros, only the option to keep moving forward and implementing everything as soon as we can (without introducing bugs of course!).

Anyway, I personally am in the MIDI camp with you, but regardless I think it’s going to be just a case of being patient and waiting for our requested features to be implemented next! There’s so much that can be implemented in our looper and that’s really what makes it great, it can be a looper for everyone, it’ll just take time to get it there. Luckily, we’ve created a whole new development team and office so updates can begin to push out more rapidly (after their fully up to speed and onboarded)

6 Likes

Digital Igloo from Line 6 said as much about why Line 6 hasn’t gotten into looperboards yet. He essentially said it wasn’t worth the headache since there was no way to make every loop artist happy and many would in fact be very unhappy no matter what because of it.

Loop artists can be…very stark and opinionated. I’ve heard loop artists say that a looper is worthless and unserious unless it has reverse, whereas to me the presence of reverse on a looper tells me it’s a toy.

2 Likes

Ok yeah I agree there are so many men, so many minds.

Btw I’m not really in a “MIDI camp”, I’m rather in a “convenient muting camp”. I don’t think that having to use MIDI for just muting conveniently is cool.

1 Like

It’s all about different strokes - as rightly said, people use loopers in different ways. My use is going to be 100 percent ambient/soundscapes so that “Advanced crossfade /fade in/out” is one of the most important features, and it’s really the only thing I’m waiting on, here. Muting is important, though. I’m confident it will all get there, and I think with the hiring of that bigger team, we may end up getting even more than we originally thought we would.

3 Likes

Finally got an update that solves most of my critical issues. Yay!

1 Like

That’s definitely our hope. We’ve got so many features that we want to implement some of which we’ve never even shared with you guys, but would be absolutely game changing and it’s just a matter of getting the development done. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Looking forward to the formal release. Well done, SS people.

1 Like

@DavidPackouz thank you! This update seems that is solving a lot of issues. Thanks for the feedback and for keep us up to date related to the development. Looking forward for what’s next!

1 Like

Hi,
I posted this earlier but did not get a response, so I am still wondering. Perhaps I am the only one who has this request, but maybe it is relatively easy to implement and would add more flexibility to the Aeros. Thanks!

Definitely an interesting idea, Something that potentially could be implemented down the line, though we have other priorities at the moment, such as further improving cross fade and seams.

Is different parts in different time signatures something that we’re ever going to see? I use this all the time on my Beat Buddy but it’s clear the Aeros is not currently capable of it. I realize it’s a bit of a niche request, but I believe on a FB post it was implied that it would be possible and in the pipeline at some point.

1 Like

@Adamixoye It’s certainly possible, but as you mentioned definitely niche. We’ve got plans to implement but it’ll likely be something down the line unless others start asking for it.