Aeros firmware 2.17.x

One more thing in regard to that fade in/out thing… is there a way to also enable that for muting/unmuting a track? Because I could see a scenario where there’s a bunch of textures going and I want to take something in or out, but I don’t want it to cut off or come in abruptly.

I could see something where I just have 6 scapes recorded, and live, I just want to bring them in and out with mutes, smoothly.

All recorded audio is treated with fade ins and outs, so yes, the overdubs in quantized mode will also be seamless.

The loop’s start will always be the same, and overdubs can be done anywhere on that loop, without affecting the beginning/ending point from original loop. The quick fade in/out is only referring to stopping and starting Aeros playback.

1 Like

This is more in line with a fade out effect, which we do plan on incorporating soon! So stay tuned on that.

3 Likes

Would be possible to have the same setting that was added for the Play/Stop All button (release or press) but for the Record button while the Aeros is on Playback mode? (currently it’s recording on the Release of the button when the Aeros is on playback)
We talked about this with @BrennanSingularSound in another post.

Are there plans to have the fadeout adjustable?

Thanks for that update, I’m enjoying the “Mute on EOM” thing. Btw I liked the “Aerosnauts” :+1:

So, really looking forward to those:

And I’ll be happy about my Aeros. :pray:

I am undoing. I rarely “clear all”. It’s a nuclear option that destroys other parts and tracks.

The distinction between undoable changes and non-undoable ones is tricky once you think about forcing loop lengths to be multiples. With undo+multiples you either constrain all tracks to be multiples even if they are undone … or you get into a situation where you cannot undo and keep all tracks as a multiple. So “fixing undo to allow arbitrary track length” leads to another problem, undo not allowed (or tracks no longer multiples).

I think I just sold myself on the need for a “clear track” command. Shame as having both undo and clear is confusing, complicated, and adds to the need for more commands in the UI (accessible via simple foot action, please).

Hope you guys understand the subtle issue described in my prior post which means that fixing the bug in undo will likely cause another bug.

I might be wrong or there might be an alternative, but the simple bug fix does lead to other issues. Shame.

So I’ve hit a snag with this update. When I run the Aeros with the BB when I transition to a next song segment the Aeros goes blank then comes up with the start up screen and hangs. I have to turn it on and off to restart it.

I’m not doing anything out of the ordinary with it. Running the Aeros in 6x6 mode synced to the BB.

You aren’t by chance running th BB in a different time signature than the Aeros? @Neil_McCann

No exactly the same. But even if I was it shouldn’t freeze like that you’d think. I’m going to try it some more today as it was late last night but it did it 3 times on the same song so going to play with some others

Hey there, this is not possible on both 2x2 RPOs, or on 6x6 Right RPO simply because hold functions are eliminated, or rendered useless, if button responds to press vs. release. We did, however, make the Middle Next Track button on 6x6 react to the press, since there is no hold function on that button, that is the best we can do with the current configuration of commands.

This isn’t something we’re actively working on now, but we can look into how manipulable these fades will be, yes. That will be in some time now, there are bigger fish to fry right now, namely the MIDI mapping, lock tracks, and time constraints, among others, so stay tuned! For now, use the volume wheel for manual fades!

The click issue was presumably solved, are you saying you tried it and it is still having issues?
Please let us know if this is the case.

We will look into it, maybe holding down undo can have three layers? Undo top layer (if any), undo base layer, clear track? I’ll ask if that makes sense to do with R&D.

I will leave that to the R&D team to decide and tweak.

Not Good! Please tell me you have an SD card in! If you do, the Aeros saves a crash log file that will be extremely useful for us to find out why this happened. If you by chance are, please upload this file to your reply to this message,! If not, please consider using one to help us help you! Thanks.

Hi Brennan. Here’s the crash.log

SW-2.17.1
Error: signal 11
Memorypool allocated count: 41
/opt/singul001-sw/bin/singul001-sw(_Z12crashHandleri+0x178)[0xbec04]
/lib/libc.so.6(__default_sa_restorer+0x0)[0xb5887b00]

Oops please post as a file, thank you!

It won’t let me drag the file to the message. Says it’s not the right file type. How should i upload the file?

You should be able to zip the file and then post it.

1 Like

Got it. Thanks guys!

crash.zip (304 Bytes)

1 Like

Yes I am still having issues on 2.17.1. I posted more details to the original thread.

We will look into it

1 Like

hi there B, hey my aeros version is 2.1.3.2 and it says it is “up to date”