Aeros firmware 2.17.x

@DavidPackouz
This is not related to this firmware version in particular, but could please consider publishing a SHA512 of the file on the forum when you release any new version ?

Thank you in advance.

BTW this 2.17 firmware really rocks and is a game changer.

I have this same issue, but also in 6x6 mode. When loaded the songs appear to be linked to either the “blank” named song, or another incorrectly named new song, i.e. song_5 or song_6 that’s only created when trying to open my existing song, ether way all of my track info is gone. This happened on the last official release and is still happening on this firmware update. Songs are saved on the Aeros.

@Brennan,
Did you SS managed to gather a full team as planned, despite the quarantine ? Can we now expect updates more frequently?
When can we hope to see the next one (including this Lock Track hopefully)?

Is 2.17 nearly ready for release (post beta)?

got it…what happened was, I named the file 'aeros.bin" and since .bin is a file suffix, it saved it as aeros.bin.bin…

Song names now sometimes get “(1)” appended to them … presumably because the name is not unique.

Wonder how this would work with the external SD card? Not sure if the name needs to be a unique id (consider a UUID?) or if this for the user’s benefit (not a big deal either way but…)

We are currently working on building the team to span across all of our products, so everything will be getting a little better quicker. The Lock Track function will not be in this next live release. The next two big updates will be MIDI implementation and then Lock Tracks.
As to the current beta, this one has some bugs we really want to kink out before we can release it. That being said, we are so damn close guys. We can taste it almost, the sweet taste of crossing this finish line. We get the antsiness, we’re antsy too. We’ve already cut off the food and water to the dev team and turned the heater on. The whips are delayed in Amazon as backorders, more info on that soon. We are doing everything in our power to test this firmware, improve it, and make sure it’s ready for you all and for every other user.

We will have just one last beta for you guys within a week, and as long as nothing serious happens to anyone while beta testing after 2 days, we will post live.

This auto-naming bug has been seen and will hopefully be fixed by the next beta posting within a week.

3 Likes

Following up from my previous comment about tracks being deleted/not saved properly in the Aeros, I have the most recent 2.17 firmware installed and I am still having issues with tracks/parts being deleted after saving them in the Aeros.

Really hoping this isn’t a malfunction specific to my unit, and that this could be solved in the next firmware update.

Hey there, yes we are working diligently to make sure saving is 100% functional, the R&D team are aware of the issues and are focused on solving them.

3 Likes

Thanks for update, glad to hear it’s on the docket. I know you guys are working hard on these changes

I understand Beat Buddy is the genesis of Aeros and most are happy with midi, set loop lengths, & quantizing, but some of us freeform players on the long looping journey saw the Aeros glowing on the mountain top as the hopeful culmination of our compositional and performance quest. The same action triggered in different ways in different modes has clouds obscuring the glow for some, especially as after a lifetime of tapping on the beat, successfully learning to transfer that to a split second before the beat just isn’t reliably realistic. Can’t imagine you haven’t considered this, but in 2x2 is it possible to program the Next Part button with a double tap command to open the mixer, thus freeing up a single tap to trigger changing song parts on press instead of release? Thanks for your consideration!

1 Like

You forgot the leg irons! All the devs should be leg ironed to their chairs, with only a bottle of gatorade, some chips, and a bedpan!

1 Like

Since I bought it (last week) I think I played the game of suggesting new features etc, but I came back to reality.
Even the basic feature is malfunctioning. The crossfade feature does not work. I opened a bug describing it.

I feel pretty sad??? :cry:

Hi Everybody,

I just changed the firmware version in the original post from 2.17.1 to 2.17.5. We hope this is the final beta version – please test this and if there are no major issues we will publish it over wifi.

@LaurentB please post if you see the same problem with this firmware version. If anyone else can replicate this issue and let us know how you did it, that would be very helpful for us to figure out how to fix it.

1 Like

@DavidPackouz Downloading and installing. Won’t be able to perform tests before tomorrow morning (CET).

1 Like

Looks like the team has been busy. A lot of subtle issues looked to be cleaned up. I suspect this makes the looper more polished and intuitive.

As a very minor question, does the Aeros require that all the names are unique for all features to operate properly?

If so, then this would be incompatible with the SD card (and there’s no simple way to enforce this as the logic is inconsistent). On the other hand, if the unique name is just for the convenience of the user, it’s not a problem.

@DavidPackouz Update installed, but the changelog displayed on the device is not consistent with what you just posted. It says Version 2.17.3 not 5…
Here is the file hash:

$ sha512sum aeros-2.17.5.bin 
a15a9c61c0addd29d43e4f6195279d19435cd8aa0e7d019e316af94b5006ebf7353b11d4613aae654b60361851b475299981dd8d71b1d7fa91d236fdeeb6b6d8  aeros-2.17.5.bin

Yet, the OS version reported in the Updates menu says aeros-2.17.5.

@LaurentB my apologies, I should have noted this in the original post. We didn’t change the changelog for this version because we plan to clean that up for the wifi version.

If you look under the updates section you’ll see that the version number is 2.17.5

@Quad the name of the song needs to be unique. If you try to move a song from the internal memory to the SD card or vice versa and there is a song with an identical name, you will see a warning message saying that you need to change the name first.

@DavidPackouz Yup,I actually amended my post with this in between… no prob :+1:

1 Like