Aeros firmware 3.0.0

Thanks much David, I do appreciate it!

1 Like

Thanks from another appreciative user.

Is there a pointer you can share to the coming set of MIDI commands?

I know there was a lot of debate on this topic a while back, but I donā€™t think I ever saw where things wound up.

The ability to R/P/O or clear on a footswitch-per-track basis will be a game-changer.

Iā€™m getting message that the download failed. I am downloading to use an SD card. What is the total size of the file?

Looks like it made it 86.8mg

Hey there, it should be about 80-90MB yes. Weā€™ve found that hitting the prompt to download the firmware is whatā€™s causing the download error, try using the download screen directly, instead of the pop-up telling you thereā€™s new firmware.

We will be releasing a list of the first-wave of commands once they are ready.
We will look into this, but it will bar the possibility of Hold Commands being activated by the same button.

Oh ? It reminds me somethingā€¦ Ah yes, exactly the reason why I requested a SHAxxx, MD5 or whatever hash type to be provided along each release to be manually downloadedā€¦ @DavidPackouz I thought you agreed on thisā€¦

1 Like

Hi, when is the next release date?
What core features are on your development plan? Priorities?
Do you intend to share a release plan?

2 Likes

This release will have RPO on press, Next Part on press during recording, ROP mode, MIDI implementation, several fixes including 6/8 timing, the extra midi tick from BB intros, and the logic with sync points and undone tracks.

It will be out very soon, there is not an official release date. I know testing is near its end, however, so it wonā€™t be very much longer.

Next is Lock Tracks, Hands-free mode, then Auto Quantize as of now. We are also working on individual track length limits throughout, it has turned out to be difficult to implement, more on that soon, hopefully.

After that, weā€™re thinking Aeros MIDI Master capabilities will come next, which could include some requested features for BB and Aeros song mutual selection.

8 Likes

Thanks for the details. Appreciate this.

Is mid of July realistic for lock tracks, what is your feeling? Cannot use Aeros without this and need to do some planning as concert halls reopen after lock down. Would like to restart with Aeros :slight_smile:

In the meantime, consider another looper that comes in via Aux in?

1 Like

As of right now, this definitely looks doable. Sticking to the above timeline, I mean.

Thanks.

Why not sharing your planned features list and release/deployment timeline on this platform? I think the community would appreciate this ā€¦

3 Likes

Will being able to set the Aerosā€™ midi channel (the channel whose commands it responds to) be included in the next firmware rev?

1 Like

I hope they planned this with the midi implementation otherwise it would be a big joke :rofl:

1 Like

Version 3.1.x has been posted as a beta! :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada:

2 Likes

I just ran the update to newest firmware over WIFI like I normally do since purchase. It has never been an issue until the latest update v3.1.10. The 1st time through, I was notified of an update available. When i continued it went back to the Aeros splash screen with no text or indicator that the update was installed. I gave it 15 min to see if it was going through the process slower than usual but it never left this screen until I turned the Aeros off and back on again. 2nd time I ran the update, the splash screen came up again but this time with the upgrade progress % and indicator the process will take about 10 min. When it reached 99%, it sat there for about 5 min then did a restart and came back up with a successful confirmation for firmware and offered to view the changelog. I figured I can leave this reply here if someone else runs into the same problem. Let me know if i did anything that was bad for the device. Cheers!

Cody - Science of Sound PNW
Follow me on IG, @scienceofsoundpnw

Hey there, the latest update Is 3.1.18, are you saying you updated to 3.1.10? Sorry, if you could please clarify that it would be helpful

It is best not to turn Aeros off mid-update, I have seen it sit at 99% for a while, but this does not surely mean that it is stuck. It is better to not stop an update until the Aeros restarts itself. If an update is taking more than about 15 minutes, that is where there may be a problem.

1 Like

There were several times where my update hung at 99% for at least an hour.

Sorry I had lost track of this forum post. My issue was resolved after running through the update again.

1 Like

Thanks for circling back!