Hi there fellow Aerosnauts!
EDIT (September 18, 2020): We are posting a bugfix version 3.1.18 firmware as a beta here for a few days before it is published over the WIFI as the official version. To try it out, download this file and use the SD card update method below to load it on your Aeros. The Changelog is below.
EDIT (August 20, 2020): At long last version 3.1.10 firmware has been published as an official non-beta version and is available to download over WIFI.
The full changelog is below. If anyone discovers any bugs/issues, please post about it (nicely) below We hope to start having smaller, more frequent releases going forward.
Make sure your Aeros is close to your WIFI router for a strong connection. If you have trouble downloading over WIFI, you can update with the SD card (note: the SD card must be between 4-32 GB in capacity): : Download this file , rename the downloaded file (currently named aeros-3.1.10.bin) to aeros.bin and then place it on an SD card and into your Aeros before turning it on.
IMPORTANT: Turn off your Aeros BEFORE putting in the SD card. Putting in the SD card while Aeros is on and then immediately turning it off can currupt the firmware file.
Firmware 3.1.18 Changelog
- Allow undo while recording with hold command of track button or undo midi command. For quantized songs undo will happen at end of measure. If sync length setting is on, silence is added to the track to make it the proper length.
- Fixed audio pop caused by second overdub layer
- Fixed audio drop and sync issues caused by triggering playback or redo during forgiveness period
- Fixed audio files lost if powering off unit less than 1 second after saving song
- Fixed save to internal memory crash
- Fixed audio pop in freeform ROP
- Fixed MIDI record new track and new part when stopped
- Fixed mixer volume saving when volume is changed by scrolling
- Allow record new track MIDI command while transitioning to a new song part
- Allow pending mute/unmute to take effect when they occur during a stop
Firmware 3.1.10 Changelog
- Added MIDI command responsiveness for compatibility with MIDI Maestro Aeros Mode (see below for full list of supported MIDI commands)
- Added MIDI IN/OUT Channel Select setting
- All track actions are now on down press of the button for more accuracy. This includes, record, re-record (on an undone track), overdub, play, mute, cancel mute, unmute, cancel unmute.
- Made Next Part command (lower left button) on press (not release) while recording for more precise recording in freeform with 2x2 mode
- Added Main Setting: Track Action button RPO/ROP. This allows the track action sequence to either be Record/Play/Overdub (default) or Record/Overdub/Play which is useful for soundscape artists to capture the ‘tails’ of loops by going directly into overdub after recording.
- Base track for Sync Length setting is now the shortest track in the song part instead of the longest in freeform mode for additional flexibility
- Added system to limit audio by hard clipping when merging audio to prevent distortion
- Cross-fade refactor for much smoother audio edge transitions
- Added sorting by date or title in songs menu (current sort type saved in memory for next use)
- Added SD card update dialog when card is inserted and contains update file (aeros.bin)
- Allow saving settings from song edit screen
- Fixed move song to SD crash. Prevent moving of currently loaded song.
- Fixed not having clicks in count-in when Aeros is a slave
- Fixed sync start setting following undone track when it is the only track in the song part. Now a new sync start point will be set when redoing the only track.
- Removed extra midi tick when starting the looper which was throwing off the sync with certain time signatures
- Fixed solo on empty tracks
- Fixed scrolling song list with wheel
- Fixed click track during count-in
- Fixed various audio pops
- Fixed MIDI record track when next part is pending
- Disabled muting on undone track
- Fixed MIDI mute/unmute while recording or overdubbing
- Fixed reload of song parameters when MIDI tempo or time signature changes
- Allow fast tap on RPO button when recording, toggles between overdub and play when recording or overdubbing instead of going to a mute
KNOWN ISSUE: There is one audio pop remaining when you start a second overdub (doesn’t happen on the first overdub), this is caused by a separate issue that we are working to fix now. The sound is not recorded, but a processing artifact. It was already present in previous versions, so we felt it is better to fix most problems and release that, rather than wait longer to fix everything.
What we are working on next:
- Locked tracks feature (keep some tracks playing while song parts change)
- Auto Quantize (Record first track in song part in Freeform and Aeros quantizes it)
- Hands free song navigation system
- Aeros as Master MIDI OUT commands
- Fade Out/In Audio for mute/unmute and Stop option
- Input signal level control
- Pan audio in mixer
- Import backing track support
- Additional MIDI command responsiveness (TBD)
Current List of Supported MIDI IN commands:
Sysex: Start/Stop (implemented immediately upon receiving the command)
MIDI Clock: AEROS may take a few seconds to adjust to an incoming MIDI clock signal when starting a new song
Time Signature: This is sent by BeatBuddy whenever a song is loaded as a Sys-ex midi message.
(All values in hex)
(2/4) ---- F0 7F 7F 03 02 04 02 02 18 08 F7
(3/4) ---- F0 7F 7F 03 02 04 03 02 18 08 F7
(4/4) ---- F0 7F 7F 03 02 04 04 02 18 08 F7
(6/8) ---- F0 7F 7F 03 02 06 03 02 18 08 F7
(The above are given as examples. All time signatures are supported)
Save Song - CC:33, value 0
- Saves the song from the Loop Studio Screen or the Song Settings Menu.
New 2x2/6x6 Song - CC:34
- Value 0: Starts a new 2x2 song (same settings as previously loaded 2x2 song) and enters the Loop Studio.
- Value 1: Starts a new 6x6 song (same settings as previously loaded 6x6 song) and enters the Loop Studio
Songs List/Loop Studio - CC:35
- Value 0: Goes to Songs List
- Value 1: Goes to Loop Studio screen (if already in Loop Studio screen, is ignored)
Scroll Up/Down (Songs List) - CC:36
- Value 0: Scroll down list (songs list, or otherwise if relevant)
- Value 1: Scroll up list (songs list, or otherwise if relevant)
- Value 2: Select (currently highlighted item in song list)
Undo/Redo (1 layer) - CC:37
- Value 0: Undo/Redo currently selected track (6x6 mode)
- Value 1-6: Undo/Redo track (track # = value #)
Mute - CC:38
- Value 1-6: Mutes/Unmutes track (track # = value #)
- Value 0 - Mutes all tracks
- Value 127 - Unmutes all tracks
Solo and Stop - CC:39
- Value 1-6 - Solos track (track # = value #). This behaves like a XOR solo function, only one track can be soloed at a time in a given song part.
- Value 127 - Un-solos track, this unmutes all other tracks in song part.
- Value 0: Stop all playback immediately
Record New Part - CC:40, value 0
- Record new song part
Record New Track - CC:41, value 0
- Record new track
Next Part - CC:102, value 0-127
- Changes song parts in 2x2 immediately. In 6x6, it will change song parts if a different song part than the one currently playing is selected. Please note: This command overrides the ‘Change Parts: End of Loop’ setting.
Change Parts - CC:113
Value 1-6 - Begin the transition to part (Part # = value #) according to the Change Part setting (Immediately/End of Measure/End of Loop). CC:102 will make this song part change immediate. If the part doesn’t exist in the song, the AEROS will ignore the command.
Value 101-106 - Begin the transition to part (part # = value # minus 100 so value 102 is part 2), according to the Change Part setting (Immediately/End of Measure/End of Loop). If the part doesn’t exist in the song, the AEROS will ignore the command. This allows you to send a single on-press command for changing parts. This also allows you to switch the part on the Aeros without switching parts on the BeatBuddy (which ignores values 101-106).
Screenshot - CC:127, value 127 will save a screenshot of the current AEROS screen to the SD card. Note: Must have SD card inserted in Aeros