Aeros firmware 3.1.x

We’re aiming for a new release every 2-4 weeks depending on the complexity of the features being worked on.

3 Likes

I’m on 3.1.3 according to my update screen. I’m connected to the internet but I’m not getting notification about 3.1.10. The Aeros says it’s connected and thinks it’s all up to date. I’m about 10’ from my enterprise class wifi access point. I’ve had the Aeros on for about half an hour. No big deal, I’ll do it manually.

It’s live now. I got the Update message.

1 Like

Hit the home button on your keyboard to go to the top post of this thread.
The user manual has also been updated and is available for download.

Hello!
Just updated today. I need help please. I love that it starts looping right after count in but after the update I will stop the loop after a little Intro solo and as soon as I transition to the next part it starts loop automatically when I don’t want it to. Every single transition. It was driving me crazy. How can i get it back to only auto start record at start only?
Thanks
NeumannSuperhumann

I’ll second the usefulness of that feature.

1 Like

Sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner, I was away. My settings when the glitch happened…
Freeform, ROP, stereo, change song part - end of loop,

I’m going to mess around with it a few more times tonight, and see if it happens again, if it does, I’ll send some videos. If I’m really the only one this is happening to, I’m not sure what to do… It’s not a matter of technique, as it sounds fine, sometimes. If it keeps happening, no soundscapes for me, and I’ll likely have to send it back.

Updated today. Tried WiFi. Aeros would crash to boot screen logo during download. Tried 5 feet from router, but still crashed during download. Gigabit router with no issues Wi-Fi streaming HD video. The Aeros Wi-Fi is just poop. :frowning: Updated with SD card.

Is there a “printer friendly” version of the current (V 3.0) manual? (i.e. white background)

https://singularsound.com/start/ only seems to only have the “full color” version.

Also, is (or will there be) manual updates for the “point releases”, like 3.1?

Go to the first post in this thread and you’ll find a link to the printer friendly version of the manual.

I believe they will continue to post the change log for each update whether major or minor and they will update the manual for major releases e.g., 3.1 to 3.2.

2 Likes

That’s very strange, I was able to find on WiFi before this but from 3.0.0, luckily 3.1.3 is just a beta and everyone that was on it has an SD in case this is a version wide issue.

Hey what version did you update from? I imagine you are sending transition messages from the BB, do you need the Aeros to respond to the BB transitions? You could set it so that the BB does not send the Transition message in the settings Main Pedal > MIDI > OUT > Transition and disable.

noted

That’s very odd, I have a few questions to better understand, first off you’re 100% sure you’re on 3.1.10 correct?

If so, it couldn’t be a cable, or another part of your system? You’re sure it’s coming from the Aeros?

If it is, does it always happen in the same place, and where is that on the playback timeline? Is it a pop? Is it very loud? Does it happen after you perform an action or is it intermittently during playback? And maybe most importantly, are you able to hear this problem when trying to soundscape/make music not trying to recreate the bug?

Hope to be able to nip this in the bud, but the lack of reproducibility and the particularity of how you’re causing it makes it hard to pinpoint and lowers the priority versus other fixes we’d like to make.

Sorry to hear that, we’ve had mixed reports, for example, I’m able to update via WiFi from 15 ft through a thin wall with no issue and my router/service isn’t anything special. We’ll continue looking into if there’s anything we can do on our end to streamline this process. Question were you on 3.1.3?

We will make a new Manual with each new release! Persist is correct!

1 Like

Hey, Brennan…

I played around with it again, last night, oddly the problem didn’t arise, this time, but when I initially noticed that, it seemed to happen on a few of the loops I recorded. I’m using new cables. To answer those other questions…
yes, it always happens in the same place when it happens, at the beginning of the overdub. Doesn’t happen after a particular action, I just start playing, and as I listen to it, it randomly happens. I did do a video of that one I recorded, the other day. you don’t hear it on the first time round, did hear it on the second, and not on the third. It pretty much happened when I was making soundscapes, not just trying to recreate the bug. It’s not loud, like a bad one second gap… again, it kind of reminds me what it sounded like before this latest beta. I think in the mix with other tracks it might not be as noticeable, but if it’s the only track, I can definitely hear it. I plan on trying again, just doing some more soundscapes and seeing what happens. I’m pretty baffled, honestly, that it was so prevalent last time and didn’t seem to do it at all, last night. I’ll let you know, again, tomorrow. Thanks for asking!

1 Like

Thanks for the link to the shared, printer-friendly manual. I downloaded and printed it - very nice!!

The manual is at version 3.1.10 and my software is also at 3.1.10.

I was following the instructions on page 22, for song settings, and the software has a different menu… it has “song name”, “song saved to” and “record”… it does not have “number of tracks”, but it does have “sync tracks” (which seems disabled) and it does have “sync tracks” which does seem to be enabled, but I have not tested/verified it.

Thoughts?

This is because the Song has already been recorded to

Only some settings are available/visible at that point.

1 Like

I never had a problem with the Update via Wifi.

I saw mention of a 3.1.13 beta, what’s in that? I must have missed that. Also, is the 3.1.10 beta exactly the same as the live one, so I don’t have to reinstall it? Thanks.

Maybe someone (hope it wasn’t me) mistyped 3.1.3, if someone has 3.1.13 they better give it to me too! haha

It’s my dang eyes, someone mentioned 3.1.3, not 3.1.13. Sorry!

Also yes, 3.1.10 is the same version beta/live!

Thanks.