Aeros firmware 3.1.x

I also did the same procedure on a Windows 10 PC and no way to update. What am I doing wrong?

Which file format is the SD card?

Quick note as you’re working on next functionality: would be great to have mixer level and pan controls over the dry audio input, as well as the looper tracks. That would also give you dry kill functionality, as requested elsewhere, by setting dry volume to 0.

Reiterating that ideally we’d see MIDI functionality for every command being implemented going forward. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 7.17.29 AM

Make sure your card is not locked. Your SD card should be formatted as MS-DOS (FAT32)

I don’t see any mention of a facility to have songs displayed in order on the selection screen. This a real disappointment. To be honest, I’m close to giving up on the Aeros because it’s becoming impossible to use live when you can’t quickly locate the next number in your set.

1 Like

Sounds exciting… Will try that ASAP. So regarding my requests, it should fix:

Apart from that, still no file hash… ¯\(ツ)/¯ :anger: why ?

Maybe something like a document to keep track of the releases, that you could “watch” (with the “watching button” displayed at the bottom of a topic)…

1 Like

There is a click when you loop. I do the same loops with a jamman and I can’t hear the connection between the end and the beginning of my loops. With the air it is a disaster.
Are you planning to do something?

1 Like

Noted!

This is a UX issue, not to worry the audio is not affected by this, we are working on optimizing the waveform the Aeros makes, but it’s handling quite a few levels adaptively, and that gets more complicated to show accurately as you add more and more overdubs, we’re working on that.

This is related to something that we believe we’ve found the problem for, hopefully there will be a solution soon and this may be related to the length of the crossfade as well.

Stay tuned on that!

1. I don’t understand this question could you re-phrase this for me, please?
  2. You can’t have the cake and eat it too, so to speak,

Yes you will have to tap twice to convert the overdub to a play command, but don’t confuse that for a double-tap.

What I mean by that is that the Aeros reads any second tap within 500ms (it may be 300ms now, but I’m positive it’s 500) as a double-tap which is a mute command.

Because of this, if you double-tap too quickly, the Aeros won’t register the second tap since muting at that point is not allowed.

While writing this I realized this could possibly be improved by creating a corner-case logic for a double-tap that it instead causes a change of state for the upcoming command. I can ask dev about that. For now, time your taps with a small (half-second) pause, if possible, to change an upcoming overdub to a play command. Obviously, this is only possible if you have at least Sync Length on, if in freeform mode.

We have found the issue causing this and are working on a solution, stay tuned.

Thank you for reminding me let me ask.

This is correct

How so? To specify that BPM only changes once before recording something? Do you mean on the Aeros manual?

We do plan on making a visual system for this that includes red flashing as well as separate internal and external BPM and time signatures.

That’s a thought, we could do something like that

It will most likely not be any time soon, especially given the difficulty of not compromising audio like you say, we will get there when we get there, so to speak.

Depends when you change the time signature, if the song is blank and you open a song different than the one currently open on the BB, it will send a time signature message, we hope to optimize this at some point.

No, but we have gotten requests, so it may be in there eventually, stay tuned on that.

Interesting what app are you using on you iPad?

We have plans to implement this, it is on the dev list

We plan on making a simple touchscreen button that can turn off and on sync for both CC and clock independently, stay tuned on that

Noted.

This is true, but our soundscaper guys benefit from seamlessness, I agree with you however that most instrument signals are not devastatingly affected by this. We have found the problem, and are working on a solution.

Yes, we are aware of this I answered this above^

We’d hate to see you go, but please know it’s on the dev list, we can only focus on so much, we hear your issue, too

4 Likes

Yes. Would also be good to update the release notes in the first posting here (perhaps the one on the device as well)

Ooh. That reminds me, some of the flashing in the UI is pretty “strong”. Would be great to soften that and have limits as to the speed (If you create a very, very short loop …watch out for seizures).

Please add to docs and changelog in the first post in this thread…

The true test is if there aren’t similar artifacts when you take the separate signals and put them into a professional DAW. The Aeros shouldn’t be held to a higher standard than that (and not much lower).

Noted!

I believe its in docs now, but I’ll ask David about editing the thread

Is this with the BB or on its own?

I’m trying to replicate this, but I’m not hearing any click unless there’s a count in

You have the click routed to neither output and the click after recording first track setting is off?

With the BB and with the the routing to nowhere and click after recording off as well.

This is pretty disturbing as either of those settings should override anything that ever happens elsewhere in the code. Is this code messy? Just saying…

• Record a track with BB running (I’m using a 6/8 if that matters)
  • Stop Aeros
  • Press Overdub with time left in the pattern on the BB.

Recorded waveform started reading zero signal before the end of the first loop. By that I mean the display looked just like nothing was being recorded. But upon playback of first track the audio was there and the zero reading showed up at the same point. Same for overdub. This was 2x2 in 6/8 with BB running.

Pretty sure when the display dropped out on recording was much earlier than the l 1.25 measures it showed upon replay.

Upon recording the last overdub, I saw the live recording drift to the left off screen as time went on!

I also saw the white bars between the two tracks not lined up.

This seems to be a new issue for this beta release?

IMHO, 2D layout can be deceptively simple, and pretty buggy without the right representation.

I have no way to reproduce this. I had been playing around with the above stuff trying to break it then cleared it and started playing. I think I changed from 4/4 to 6/8 after clearing the song and started via the BB midi after I saw the time signature update.

Bug: The scroll wheel doesn’t work in the song list any more.

Feels like the Play/Stop button is active in more places in the UI. Haven’t found a place where its felt off.

1 Like

@BrennanSingularSound

I’m sorry, the sound is not hi quality but here are 2 exemples of loops seam anomalies (pop or fade trouble). If I record the same kind of loops with a simple Solo XT jam man, the sound of loops is continue, the seam is inaudible.
Exemple 1
Exemple 2

Ok it seems to work. See updated topic

Doesn’t work :man_facepalming: :anger: . See bug report@DavidPackouz please do something…

Hard to tell if this is the same problem I’m having… Did you change the bpm on BB after recording and erasing the initial track? Seems the BB keeps forcing the bpm on a track that’s already set. I think even if something has been recorded and deleted, for some reason the bpm setting remains and subsequent initial tracks are off if bpm or time sig changes.

From the Dev responses above, they appear to be aware of it and working on it. The toggle solution mentioned above would be invaluable.

This is now fixed, we are probably looking at a subsequent beta very soon

noted.

this all happened in one-go? Or in several takes? Was there any effect on the audio or this is purely UI?

Fixed.

I believe this will be solved with another issue we have found that was reported above.
It seems like the same problem.

I also believe this is related to a bug we have found already, the solution is imminent hopefully. More on this soon, but know we’re likely to post another beta very soon.

The code must already exist, because until the last release you had an alphabetised list. All you need is a switch in configuration between the two listing options.