Aeros firmware 3.1.x

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad5tmJjNBrs

@llauger Go to main settings and change Play/Stop All to Release.

@BrennanSingularSound This really should be the default setting.

It’s the “Principle of Least Surprise”. Power users can easily figure out how to change Play/Stop All to On Press if they need it, and won’t be surprised. @llauger and countless others will be surprised by the “sound glitch” and good luck if they manage to figure out how to fix it.

1 Like

Wired to think of because always pressing is faster and more accurate than releasing, would never thought of it. thanks

If you like to keep on press, you can avoid the noise by deleting while the song is paying.

1 Like

I see, but funny that the same command works just fine in one way and not the other. Thanks for the help.

Blockquote We have had it requested multiple times, we believe that to be an advanced MIDI capability and will most likely come in a later update with more MIDI functionality (that we will based on user input among other ideas we may come up with). This will be after Auto Quantize is cracked.

I am sorry that you consider this functionality as advanced. This functionality was there with version 0.1 of the BeatBuddy that defined the face of Singular Sound for many years. You already have most of the code needed. I do consider as advanced functionality change my proposal 6x6 navigation improvements: Next part selected by default + choosing Max no of parts - #13 by Tyraell but not this one.

Hey there, please make a formal request here, thank you.

Because we plan on moving the delete track setting as noted here in the Hands Free Mode
I can ask David about changing the Default, but we intend to remove that setting once deleting will not be done on the Play / Stop All.

This is because you can’t have a hold command on a button that has a command being sent on the press without both commands being activated.

Hey there,
I understand that this is important to you, and know that it is something we plan on working on, but it is an advanced functionality of the pairing between the two devices, the basis of song management on both devices is completely separate.

The Aeros is made to constantly create new material, and has an external memory which could contain a plentitude of other material, the BB is not made to constantly create new material, and the material will always be in a fixed place. You may see it as a simple fix, but I assure you, it is not. There would be a lot of things to consider UX wise and workflow wise before we could implement this system confidently.

I assure you every user has the same dedication to the features they would like. We can only focus on so many things, and there are more critical standalone issues we want to get to before we expand the communication between the devices.

2 Likes

In that case, no need to change the default.

1 Like

Here’s at least one odd and potentially serious bug. There’s more than one thing going on, but it might all be related to one core issue if the MIDI Tempo from the BB differs from the Aeros.

One or more tracks fail to play (and this follows a pattern based upon the measure number). The audio is not gone; It will play if you remove the midi cable.

If midi cable is removed or inserted:

• Display will move slower/faster
  • A partial audio gap will be in the last measure.

Reproduced this with two previously recorded, quantized, midi synced songs:

BB: 4/4, 68 BPM

Song 1: 4/4, 134 BPM

• Two tracks: 4 measures and 2 measures

With midi attached:

• First measure plays both tracks (OK)
  • Second measure plays only first track
  • Third measure plays only second track
  • Fourth measure plays nothing.

Pull the midi and the audio comes back when the entire loop goes to the first measure.

Song 2: 4/4, 76 BPM:

• One track: 8 measures

With midi attached:

• Measure 1-7 plays track (OK)
  • 8th measure nothing

Thank you for noting this, I will pass this on!

Confirmed

This should be a basic function, especially for a working musician. I gig with my RC300 because of the lack of this functionality. For the price of the Aeros it should have been implemented before the first release.

Sorry, what functionality are you referring to?

My bad…a midi command to select and load a specific song.

2 Likes

Everyone has similar feelings about features they consider basic, we’re doing our best to tackle what we see as priorities: Audio playback quality and timing, followed by UX glitches, followed by enhancements like this one. It is an enhancement because it does not keep you from the full BB and Aeros experience, but it would be an improvement on the current system. That being said, we do plan on looking into it, so stay tuned.

2 Likes

Hi,
I’m using MorningStar MC6 and after 3.1.3 update i can select and load needed song by foot but during a gig it takes some time to scroll the list every time so for sure we need some more. Now any loaded song is moved to the top of the list so as a simplest solution I would like to have an option to lock the list (loaded song shouldn’t change the order) and after using CC35 0 (go to Songs List) current song should be selected and i could just use Scroll Down (or Up) once to select next/previous song and load it automatically (CC36 1 or 0, CC36 2).

1 Like

Or like that :

3 Likes

i believe priority should be on practicability as this is a gadget to help us improve our performance not to give us hassle in doing it. Not being able to do something as simple and basic and fundamental as selecting a song hands free then why we call it or use as a a guitar pedal or any other instrument we use with our hands. This is a looper and hands free options should be a must otherwise will be another thing like a studio or singer only item.

Any chance to see a firmware fix anytime soon ?
It’s been 19d now since the buggy release. Are we still talking about bug fixing there ?

His statement still applies. There are many different people who would rank the different features differently with respect to practicality.

This exactly right here is why Line 6 (and other companies) have said why they haven’t gotten into dedicated loopers. Line 6 had a focus group awhile back where they gathered loop artists together to try to build a roadmap of features–but they couldn’t. The loop artists would not agree (on features or order of a roadmap), and, worse, they were very angrily claiming a looper wasn’t a serious product if it didn’t have their particular feature first. They could never make close to everyone happy.

Understandably, Line 6 decided not to get into dedicated loopers. I applaud Singular Sound for wading into this quagmire and trying to make a good looper and listening to consumers.

I understand the fact that they are a small company with a long, dynamic roadmap of features that no one here would have the same idea for best ordering. Being practical here, I understand it may be some time until they implement all the features I’d like. I waited 6-7 months for midi control of tracks. During that wait I used other workarounds.

7 Likes