Aeros firmware 3.2.x

Firmware 3.2.12 has been published as an official version available for download over WIFI!

The only difference between 3.2.11 and 3.2.12 was a minor notification error fix during the update process.

Enjoy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello.

Why not create YouTube videos (or other) explaining the various modifications to your equipment (BB, Eros …). a video is much more explicit than a text very poorly translated by Google and which becomes incomprehensible to non-English speakers. Yes I am French and your explanations translated by google are Chinese. :smiley::smiley:. So thank you for thinking about it. I am certainly not the only one in this case.

@Michel_TAYEB thank you for your suggestion. We actually do this for most of our updates. You can see the video for one of our previous updates here.

We are working on a video for this update now - but because videos take time to complete and we want to publish the firmware as soon as possible, there is always a delay between the firmware release and video publication.

When I did the wifi update from the prior alpha, my current song changed to a new song, song_1.

This also happened with a prior update.

FYI, the Aeros failed after reboot when applying the update the first time. The above was after the second update succeeded after reboot. Not sure if that matters.

Thanks for this update. I did not face any flaws. Really happy with the lock track result :slight_smile:

What are your plans to come to a higher pace with such improvements. You once announced to provide updates and new features on a monthly basis. You definitely could not live up to this. To be honest, the duration of the locktrack dev was almost half a year from start to final release.

I see you in a conflict to satisfy so many peer groups: The Aeros exclusive ones, the BBs and the Midi guys etc. Changes take too long for all of us. Do you have the power to fasten your promised development stuff?

Ex: I’m still waiting for the settings improvements you promised (separte switches for stop, part change etc). This simple thing will change my device/player interaction completely and with this I will even have to rearrange many songs. I do not feel like waiting until next summer for such a small potatoe …

3 Likes

@popa we usually work on several features at a time, and some are more complicated than others. So though we aim to have a release every month, sometimes that will be longer sometimes shorter.

Luckily for your requested feature, it will be shorter! In fact I already posted a beta firmware which includes it here: Aeros firmware 3.3.x

1 Like

Hats off! That’s a surprise! Many thanks

1 Like

Hey Wall i was just reading your comments, and i took a very strange route that i never though i would and didnt think i could rely, but im using this looper app Quantiloop and its been super good and reliable, I actually have a Motu ultralite on my pedalboard but i also tried with a smaller IK DUO interface and it worked really well, I still want a dedicated hardware but for the time being Im getting a lot of flexibility and pro features with this app, it’s being great, just thought i would mention it to you, I also owned a r -10r in the past and well I sold it, rc-505 was good but too big for my pedal board, Im happy with quantiloop meanwhile! Good luck!

Hey David,

Is the 2.5 minute limitation on a loop or a track? I see it used interchangeably.

Is there any near future chance that this will increase?

Thanks,
Tom

Hey, Dave… nice that we’re finally getting into some smoother rollouts, here.

Any chance that the Long press to bypass overdub in ROP mode might be making it into an update? Brennan seemed to give me the impression it was doable.

I’d put something in the feature requests for it. Basically, there are some times in ROP mode where I don’t want to overdub. I just want to lay down a single track of something, with a start and end, and that’s really hard to do in ROP mode.

Since a track in a song part can only have one track they’re often used interchangeably, in essence, both are limited in this way, as a track can not be longer than 2.5 min and thus a loop has the same limit.

There is a chance it will increase, we are beginning to look into improving this, so stay tuned!

1 Like

Hey there,

I think we’re leaning against this, since now long press while recording undoes the current track, have you tried a double tap when stopping the recording? This is trashing the overdub going over the seam.

We also will be expanding MIDI soon and a playback command should override overdubbing at that point, would this work?

1 Like

I’ve tried the double tap, many times. It’s next to impossible to get something that is seamless. I guess midi’s an option, but I’m hoping to not have to buy anything else. Any other button possible? Long press on first button? What about longer press to undo the track when in ROP mode… like two seconds stops recording with no overdub but five seconds undoes track?

I really hope there’s a non midi way to do this, as it really makes the feature that soundscapers need somewhat limited in its usefulness. What about a way to change ROP to RPO in the song? That way, on can just put down their overdubs first then turn it off to put down the non overdub tracks?

1 Like

Two other ideas, Brennan. What about long press on the left button? Or, how about for the right button, a double-tap hold? Meaning, you tap twice, but the second one is long? There has to be some sort of combination that could be possible.

2 Likes

“There is a chance it will increase, we are beginning to look into improving this, so stay tuned!”

Brennan, thanks for the info.

That would be great! One more vote for that one.

you can record 20 minutes

20 minutes mono, 10 in stereo but in both cases must be more than one part. 10 minutes requires 4 or 5 parts on one track a droid also require that many foot presses. Can’t be done in two track more.

2 Likes

+++ :wink:

Hey there, we really don’t see ourselves messing with the holding commands

One concept we are looking into that will solve your issue is creating CC commands that control the menu items, but this is not currently a priority, may be coming soon though! No word yet if it will be part of our first MIDI expansion release (may be more than 1 release), as that is still being planned.

Fair enough… what about the ability to switch from ROP to RPO, in the song? That would certainly solve the problem, as I’d record tracks that need overdubs first, then switch to RPO for the rest. I’d really like to avoid having to get another midi device, just for the one function.