Aeros firmware 3.2.x

This is how the slightest change in tempo in RC-10 affects the sound

I hope that in Aeros (when this function is made) the algorithm will be better
1 Like

Been unusually quiet on this thread… any ETA on the OTA?

1 Like

You’re right. Very quiet from a release standpoint for any of their products.

Probably working to release firmware and software updates along with updated manuals for all of their pedals just before Black Friday or Christmas.

My other guess is that the releases would coincide with Winter NAAM (is that even going to happen next winter?)

I’m a bit surprised by the delay as I found the bug in the Aeros not saving the pencil Data properly. I would have thought that it was an urgent update.

Hey there, this is still not reproducible, we will continually work with you to find out the root of this issue, you can be sure of that.

It is just about ready, not much longer now

1 Like

But it was reproduced immediately after I posted it by another user???

https://forum.singularsound.com/t/settings-cant-be-changed-even-on-empty-song/21274

I agree I would expect it’s coming even pre locking tracks would work but not always I would imagine toggling might be good

Hi Everybody,

I updated the original post with the latest version 3.2.10

We think this is finally stable enough to be an official release, so we’re posting it here for you guys to try out for a few days before we put it out over the WIFI.

3 Likes

Several times over the past few days, (with the prior 3.2.x firmware, not .10) the Aeros started recording immediately upon pressing record … rather than waiting for the start of the next measure while sync’d to the BB. It was a pretty annoying issue.

It went away later on. Settings were correct. Might have been a BB midi connector issue (hate that mini din). If this is a midi signal issue, would be good to have some obvious indicator while playing on the Aeros. Can the background change if midi clock is received or not?

I had change time signature several times and cleared/edited the song settings. This has been an issue in the past.

Not sure if this is a known issue fixed in .10

We haven’t seen this issue. Please keep an eye out for it. If you can capture it on video, that would be very helpful.

I will. I added a few more comments.

1 Like

Link is not working asking to log into Microsoft, then file not available?

1 Like

Pretty nasty bug here. Aeros thinks its in 4/4 (and sync’d to BB with 4/4), but stays at 6/8.

See attach video. Not sure how to reproduce this but this needs fixing. I know I was using BB/Aeros on songs with 4/4, then 6/8, then 4/4 and clearing the song and editing the time signature. At some point I may have disconnected and ten reconnected the midi (but not sure it that’s relevant). I suspect there is a general problem in this area which likely show up in various ways.

Luckily the display is showing something that doesn’t match. I was going crazy trying to figure out why my loop end wasn’t matching up with the start of the 1st bar.

[OK, forum says video is too big to attach. You’re going to have to trust me. It shows BB at 4/4, edit song at 4/4, save successful but stop page of song still at 6/8. Also noticed 6 divisions in loop bars.]

Please fix.

Hello.

The link to download Firmware version 3.2.10 does not work for me. When I click on it, it takes me to an empty “onedrive” page where there is nothing to download.
Where is the problem . Thank you.

It may have been removed after reports that it was not working properly.

Here is a way to reproduce a similar situation.
With the BB → Aeros connection, if you disable the BB midi outputs, to control the stop/start recording directly from the Aeros footswitches, then recording does not kick in at the beginning of the next bar but starts immediately. When the Aeros song is set with a count-in number, the recording is delayed and starts somewhere during the next bar, but not at the beginning of the bar (in middle depending on when you pressed the record button during the previous bar).

What I expect would be more like (in quantized mode):

1. Start BB
  2. (Not what happens but what I would expect and like) Aeros shows the bar lines and tempo, but is not recording anything. When you play, the wave form is displayed (e.g in grey color) so that you can clearly see where you are currently in the bar. You can play for a while to practice with the rhythm but not record.
  3. When ready, press record on the Aeros
  4. Recording starts at the start of the next bar
  5. Press end record on the Aeros
  6. Recording stops at the end of the current bar

This simple workflow is really useful to practice a bit for a few bars before starting recording only when ready and confident.
I find it very confusing that it does not work that way out of the box.

The alternative is to control the Aeros from the BB with a few count-in bars or start songs with a “practice” part before recording a new part “for real”, and then delete the practice part.

Edit: I use Aeros Firmware 3.2.10

Ok, replying to myself as I found a combination of settings that permits an almost seamless workflow.

1. Enable Midi output on the BB for start/stop/sync but not next part
  2. On the Aeros global settings, disable record on midi start. Keep only playback on start.

Then you can start the rhythm on the BB, and the song will start on the Aeros but not record. The only thing you don’t have is the display of the wave form while playing.
Then, the record actions (start/stop) will kick in at the beginning of next bars as expected in quantified mode. You can also freely skip song parts on the BB and these won;t be transmitted to the Aeros (another question I had elsewhere on the forum).
So pretty much what I wanted to achieved. Strangely enough, I worked that way in the past for a while but then enabled “record on start” and forgot about that, creating the confusion.

2 Likes

I have problem with download file aeros-3.2.10.bin, link doesn’t work.
OneDrive show me info:
This item might not exist or is no longer available.

What I do wrong?

We were not fast enough (see @persist comment in his latest post).

Hopefully a new version may come in the next coming hours/days…

Meanwhile, waiting for the 3.2.10+ (not sure it will come back with the same version number…), I would like to come back to one of my previous statement:

I said that one month ago, but in between I received a BeatBuddy, and then I do not agree with myself anymore… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My statement was that with 2x2 mode, I could deal with the locking track mechanism because I could choose to start recording with the second track, keeping the first track for later if it’s the one I want to lock… (see this previous post for more in-depth explanation of the use case).

Now with the BeatBuddy in the picture, I can’t do that anymore ! BB will always start the recording with the first track… thus now the only track I could lock is the first one and my work-around to start recording the second track first doesn’t work anymore…

So now I am back to my previous statement and it becomes even more critical:

1 Like