Aeros firmware 3.3.x

Love the speedy song load!!! I appreciate your persistence in upgrading the Aeros. Had to give up to other looper’s for this one (Pigtronix Infinity, and the Electro-Voice 95000). I’m beginning to think this was the right decision.

1 Like

When baking tracks will be enable??? please :slightly_smiling_face:

I am now the proud owner of the beat buddy with premium 2020 library the Aeros and the midi Maestrow.
at the age of 58 I am now a rock legend in my own mined with a full band consisting of ME and
All your brilliant products. in reality I’m just a ordinary family man who for the first time in my life can live the creative dream without being put down about my lack of ability.
at some point if the Aeros can store the BB information ie ( the tempo and song used information ) as my knees and eye sight aren’t what they use to be and scrabbling about on my knees to re set the BB is a time consuming pain. all so if you have created a song list it would be handy if as you open up the song list it dose not go back to the top of the list each time but continued from the last song plade.
hopefully one day I will create a nugh songs to prahaps do a charity gig or two in the future and it’s all down to you so that’s a big thumbs up.
Pat

1 Like

I hear you and hope SS improves this integration. Also another good reason for more hands free control and midi.

Fyi, once you record the first track, the Aeros saves and locks in the tempo and time signature … and displays it when stopped. In fact you can’t change it (unless you clear the song).

If the Aeros and BB don’t match, all sorts of bad things can happen … which hopefully SS starts to take seriously.

Thank you I did notice that. one problem that has just happened I had 10 songs in 6x6 mode all saved on a correctly formatted SD card and have been practicing with them ,they are all backed up on my mac vanished from the card ??? All gone re backed them up to the sed SD card but they are not loading onto the Aeros? The card is working As I recorded another song and saved it all workes but the 10 songs re put onto the card do not show :scream::scream::scream:

What do you mean gone? They don’t show up on the song list … or they don’t play (properly) when you load them? The latter could be due to the mismatch on the external midi clock. Pull the midi cable and see if it’s different.

What do you mean backed up? Did you accidentally move them instead of copy them?

One other thing to try. Restart the Aeros after inserting the SD card.

Sorry yes I copy them not move them.

One question about midi song select. I saw a video for the Midi Maestro where it has an “Aeros mode”, by which you can select songs using the midi out, connected to the midi in of the Aeros. Is this using special commands, or are there midi CC nums that we can use to select a song, start a new song, etc? There’s probably a reasonable explanation behind this, but I had to ask…

I messaged you separately, please be sure we are aware of your issue and are watching it closely!

Hey there,

You may have been mistaken, this is not a possible function of the Aeros by MIDI, there are howvere MIDI commands to open New blank songs. We do hope to implement the selection of saved songs via MIDI for the Aeros soon. Stay tuned!

The 2:30 rec time limit is something we have just started looking into and are hoping to have more news on soon, Dev has begun to investigate what can be done.
To be clear Auto quantize and MIDI Master capabilities are not being considered as one feature. Auto quantize is going to be next once we have finished looking into memory and other memory improvements. Master capabilities and a MIDI expansion will come soon after.
Panoramics are in the design phase and will hopefully be something we can share more info on soon, we plan on releasing routing release along with panning as it will all lead in the same direction for redesigning of screens.

Thanks for the questions.

Happy New Year!!

For the snap: We have it for ±2dB, but we can try ±5dB
The wheel sensitivity can be expanded on definitely, we will look into how to improve it.
I’ve talked about the issue about selecting tracks with David I see your point, stay tuned
As to the sensitivity wheel, it’s a possibility!

Thanks for all the ideas and feedback!

This is a known issue, we will be working on it in parallel as we find solutions to improve this. IT is a conflict between lock tracks logic and offset track logic.

Thanks for reporting

We’ll look into this thank you for reporting

We are working as fast as possible, hopefully very soon we will have more solid news on this, stay tuned

This is in dev timeline

1 Like

Here is the video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5CgJ_SPVyA
I agree that you cannot SELECT a song using MIDI, but you can open the song menu and scroll to a specific song. My question is: what are the CC commands for these functions? I have a midi controller that fits on my pedalboard that I’d like to use to point to the song, along with selecting a beat buddy song and patch on my multieffects, etc. Thanks!

Hello pat, you may want to have a look at on song or setlist maker. I personally use setlist maker and store all my songs with it. This allow me create organise my setlist in a fashion where I can set the tempo per song, recall the proper drumset and drumbeat on the beatbuddy as I select the song. No need to bent down on my knees…i am about your age ahah. Best 16 $ i ever spent on an app.hopefully someday the aeros midi implementation, once completed will allow to select my pre recorded loops/songs in the same fashion.

2 Likes

Yes! Set List integration would be great!

Thanks for working on this with priority. As long as Aeros doesn’t run tracks in sync it doesn’t need any additional sophisticated features. This is absolutely basic!

??? My midi maestro in Aeros mode opens the song list and loads the chosen song from the Aeros and you can start a new song in 2 by 2 or 6 by 6 ?

Thanks, David.

For some reason my Aeros is attaching itself to the wireless with a strong signal, but it can’t find the web. Every other device in the house can find a web connection. Any ideas?

I upgraded via the SD card, but it still can’t find the web.

Kind regards,
Euan

Try moving the pedal closer to the wifi. It can help even if you have a strong signal.

“Reverse loops is on the dev list as well, though a bit further out.”

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO… why does it seem like reverse and speed options not that important? Those are even essentials on cheap crappy loopers. Really should have been on there from the start :frowning: I just got mine today and I don’t wanna wait months for it, if so I’m sorry but I’ll have to go back to boomerang iii or something else again. Only reason I decided to pull on this now is because I like the 6 tracks and other features, but reverse and speed options are a MUST HAVE for ambient and experimental users etc…

1 Like

As much as it’s not good that features you would like aren’t there, reverse and speed control are not “essential” and aren’t “even on crappy cheap loopers”.

Essential means won’t function without…

And cheap loopers only have one button, there’s barely enough operation control to make them start and stop, let alone provide effects.

My suggestion is not to use hyperbole to request features. It weakens rather than strengthens your case.

2 Likes

A person’s definition of essential may vary. The music I perform requires reverse. Therefore, a looper with reverse is essential to me.

1 Like