Aeros firmware 3.4.x

Interesting, could you possibly do a wifi diagnostic check for me?

The steps are on page 34 and 35 of the manual! If you can just let me know if there are any error codes popping up when you do so, thanks!

I sure hope we get the midi implementation this month! My MC8 is waiting… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I ran the test after the first “Invalid firmware please retry.” No error codes and the avg kb/s was 799.

Ran two more tests just now with WIFI CONNECTED/NO INTERNET and received 800 kb/s
The second test with WIFI CONNECTED/SERVER CONNECTED and 1799 kb/s.

It’s possible that the SS server was getting heavy download traffic as users might have been trying to download the update.

1 Like

Nope, no BB or changes.

Yeah mine updated fine first go. As you said, maybe heavy server load?

I didn’t yet figure out a simple way to reproduce, but since I migrated to this version, I noticed very strange things happening. Of course not all the time hence the difficulty to reproduce but regularly:

• Next part prefilled with the first of the previous like if I would have locked it whereas I never did.
  • Missing audio whereas the waveform is correctly displayed, only part of the track is played.
  • de-synchronized tracks when coming from another part
  • desynchronization with BeatBuddy

I would tend to think it is mostly around the “next part” in (2x2, in quantized mode and Midi sync w/BB) that I can face this, but can’t be really sure. Now that I really paid attention to it, I will try to find a way to reproduce.

Argh, David said over on facebook that midi implementation won’t be happening this month because they’re focusing on the recording restriction right now but he said midi stuff should be next after that. :frowning: my MC8 just got sadder again.

1 Like

Anyone else having that problem I described above, with the muted measures before the start point of the loop?

How often have you seen these anomalies? Could you possibly DM me a copy of the Aeros song file from SD? Let me know, thanks!

Has the problem come back more than once?

Thank you

1 Like
  • First point I only encountered once, not even sure I didn’t do some weird stuff before. Let’s keep it for later.
  • Second point has been actually happening 2 or 3 times. The Aeros displays correctly the waveform, but only starts playing… later (maybe after one or two measures). If I stop/restart, it’s back to normal. Definitely something new I’ve never seen before and painful as basically ruining the performance. It has been happening after a change of part or song resume.
  • Last two points happen regularly, but I am quite sure I’ve seen this before the last update. The third one is difficult to spot as it’s like the beginning of the second track (in 2x2) shifts just a little bit, stopping/starting restores the sync. I’ve noticed it after switching back from part 2 for example. The last point happens a looooot, but never within one song (like switching from one part to another or resuming a stopped song). No it happens when playing with the BB, looking for a rhythm or modifying tempo (with an empty Aeros song) and it’s like the Aeros does not react fast enough to adapt to new tempo… Will pay more closely attention to this one next time…

Can’t DM you any song as I do not record anything with the Aeros, I play then wipe (or record, but with a DAW). I have basically two songs, one in quantized mode to play along the BB and one in freeform mode, when I play with the guitar only. And I just switch from one to the other depending on what I currently do…

Yes. I turned off the looper, came back in an hour, and it still happened. It’s consistent, in that it happens on the same songs, but it’s not on all of them. Do you want me to make a video, and, if yes, what’s the best way to get it to you?

You can do that or DM me the song file if you prefer, also please give me as much of the following information of the songs as possible, thanks!

• Description: What actually happened?
  • Version Number: x.x.x
  • Steps To Reproduce:
  • Expected vs actual Behavior:
  • Visual proof : Photo, video, audio

Song configuration:

• Song saved: SD | Aeros
  • Record: Mono | Stereo
  • Track button action: RPO | ROP
  • Number of tracks: 6x6 | 2x2
  • Quantize: on | off
  • Count in: 0 | 1 | 2 | 3
  • Sync rule: start & length | length | off

Other important info:

• Change song part: Immediate | End of measure | End of Loop
  • Stop song: Immediate | End of measure | End of Loop
  • With equipment : BeatBuddy | Midi maestro | other

Good to know thank you

Hey, Brennan, I’ll try to get this to you by the end of the weekend. When you say ‘song file’, do you mean the wavs and everything? Are there attachment limits to DM’s?
(I’ve never looked at the contents of the SD card, outside of through the Aeros).

Hey, yeah it’s best you send me the folder itself from your SD, make sure to only COPY it from SD and not alter the Folder in any way. You can compress it and send it over, if it’s too big I can DM you my email and you could send it that way.

To quickly get a response if possible, is this right at the beginning of the song only? Is it a song with locked tracks? Does it happen after part changes?

Thanks!

I’ll do that, thanks, and I’ll send you all the song settings like you asked, too.

No locked tracks, only one part. Doesn’t happen at the beginning, as it’s not the beginning of the loop, it’s the measures before it comes around to the beginning again.

Ok, freeform and 6x6?

One thing I’ll ask is to downgrade to 3.3.0 and make sure it is not still there, just want to make sure there wasn’t a possible file corruption. Thanks!

Or if you can send me the files I can run that test as well,

thanks!

No checksum test when loading updates from SD card?

Might be simpler to ask him to report the MD5 or SHA “checksum” for you to compare.

• Windows: CertUtil -hashfile <file to check> MD5
  • Mac: md5 <file to check>

If file corruption is a concern, this would be a good trick to have up your sleeve (and arguably downgrading is the modern version of “please reformat and reinstall Windows”)

Hi @BrennanSingularSound

I just opened a bug report about the point 3 in my previous remark, now that I have been able to reproduce.

And I didn’t even have to switch of part…