Aeros Firmware 4.0.x

Mine is now stuck I cannot access the looping studio when I select it it just show the logo, haven’t even had this thing a week

So not sure what happened maybe it was, still doing the update even though it did say complete and I followed all the steps, not sure if this is what solved it but I took the SD card and reformated it stuck it back in and it now loads loop studio, still wondering what that was all about or anything to worry about.

Ok so now when I take out the SD card it goes back to the logo screen and gets stuck inserting the card again does nothing I have to turn it off and on, is this normal?

Probably best for you to contact Support, support@singularsound.com for help.

Ok thanks.

Hello, the link to the very first release is in the post! We do not have an exhaustive list available at this time, stay tuned!

Doing that after I respond here!

just to be clear, this is not yet available, and will be available in the upcoming release 4.1.x, 4.0.0 only has two new commands:

lol

We aim to please!!!

This will come eventually! It is planned for a later MIDI release

Thanks

Hey there, thanks for the question, unfortunately, MIDI Master capabilities are not and were not part of any MIDI expansion, but that being said it is not very far from being done.

Stay tuned, the Aeros definitely will be capable as master soon!

:pray:t3: We love these comments!

Yep!! It’s live! :tada:

This should not be the case, do you have any assured proof this is happening? We’ll have to verify if song loading times have changed substantially versus the previous version.

thanks for reporting

Hi, I’m not entirely sure what happened here, but please be sure to reach out to support@singularsound.com to verify there is no issue with your update method or possibly with your unit.

Thanks

4.0.0 is out everyone!

I have there are a few issues I’m having that am getting ready to send them now, thanks.

OK,

From what I’m reading, I believe the screen you are talking about was not the update install screen, but the download screen.

This screen is only telling you that you have downloaded the firmware from WIFI, it does not mean that the update is complete.

Once it downloads, the Aeros has to reboot (be restarted) and then it will install the firmware.

I’m worried you have done something unexpected by introducing the firmware again in the SD while it already was ready to install.

Please reach out to support, they will be best equipped to assist you.

I did the reboot sequence before I ever used an sd card, I only tried using the SD after it locked up.

Hi. After applying the 4.0.0 update, I can’t get MIDI sync to switch to ON so that my Beat Buddy can control it. I’ve tried unplugging the unit from power, unplugging the MIDI cable, checking the settings on the BB, setting the Aeros settings to Default, and nothing has worked.

When I do the MIDI self test under diagnostics, it briefly flashes “running” and then almost immediately says “failed”. This is a brand new Aeros that I just got from Jay at support because the touch screen on my prior Aeros stopped working. The MIDI sync was working two days ago, but I honestly don’t remember if that was before I updated to 4.0.0 or not.

Hi,
This is great. I wanted always al longer recording time, becouse, the sound is great, so I use the Aeros as a recording machine……but this is endless….thank’s!!

TOO MANY ISSUES WITH THIS 4.0 UPDATE .
It mess the midi , I send another video to the support with another new issue , get this sudently again!
I downgrade to 3.5.1 and works good at this moment

Just to say I have had no problems with version 4.0. So far and am so happy to have a CC command for PLAY, as I can now use the Aeros when playing keyboards for the fist time in nearly 2 years. Thank you.

1 Like

Did you downgrade using the SD card or by another method? I’m considering it, since 4.0.0 appears to have broken my MIDI sync.

Yes with SDcard

Version 4.0.1 has been uploaded to the server. See the changelog in the original post.

4 Likes

This last statement and the fact we can not reproduce makes us believe this is not a bug but another factor, if you continue to have issues please speak with support@singularsound.com at your earliest convenience so they can best assist you. No other user has reported this and there was no major change to the MIDI behavior so your report does not make much sense as a firmware issue. Let us know!

Please be sure you are performing the test correctly as iterated on pg. 39 of the manual in the General Tech Information section:

MIDI Self test - requires one male to male 5-pin MIDI cable that is connected to both the MIDI In and MIDI Out ports of the Aeros, forming a MIDI loop. Do not connect any other devices to the MIDI chain, the Aeros should only connect to itself. Once connected properly, the Aeros should pass the test once the MIDI Self Test button is pressed.

This should work fine as it does internally! We do test these things! If you follow these steps and it still fails please reach out to support@singularsound.com for assistance.

Thanks for reporting

Happy to please!

Your specific issue is being reviewed internally and support should reach out shortly with solutions. I will say it is not related to a bug in 4.0.0 but rather you are sending too many commands in your buttons, it can definitely be simplified and also corrected.

Thank you for reporting

4.0.1 should fix any crashing issues users reported, let us know if you all see anything new, 4.0.1 is live now!

Hi Brennan,

Thanks for the reply and the hint about the MIDI test. I didn’t realize it needed a loopback.

But as it turned out, the issue is my MIDI breakout cable. I was able to twist the OUT connector and my Aeros synced again. I can replicate the issue by twisting the cable back and forth, so I’m going to ask Sweetwater to replace it.

1 Like

Glad to see you figured it out! Hope you can get back up and running asap!

1 Like