Aeros Firmware 4.3.x

Thanks for clarifying that is expected behavior with this implementation. I have to say that I find it a bit disappointing as it limits the Aeros’ use for ever evolving ambient soundscape looping, which is what I do. As I mentioned, the Ditto X4 has a better implementation for this use case, as does the Infinity loopers and the Line 6 Helix loopers to name a few. Maybe that could be put on the backlog for future consideration?

1 Like

You are free to request it in the appropriate place and we may look into it, to learn more about how we tag feature requests, read here!

Okay, maybe I’m doing someting wrong, but after my recording I safe the file.
the next time, I open it, the volume is increased. I take a old record and it’s okay….then I go back….and the record again is increased. The sound is horrible and the wave is a thick fat line.
I went back to the previous version and everything is okay.
I hope you understand me and maybe have a solution.
Thank’s

1 Like

I sent a video to Jay at support. Same with me! Super annoying and about blew my ears out since I practice with in ears. I went back to 4.2.4 and all is well.

Thank you very much for reporting this. I now know it’s not my fault And I’m not the only one.

1 Like

Hi there, thank you for reporting, I have some questions:

Are you saying this is only happening to songs that have loop decay affecting them or is this happening to songs that have not been decayed yet?

When this has happened, is loop decay engaged or disengaged?

Let me know, thank you

Dear Brennan,
I was with a new record. The old records stayed well
Loop decay was turn of. I was recording in 2x2 mode
Mono or stereo makes no difference and I dit the same, when I recording in the previous version

Thank you for replying

Hey all,

This is reported fixed

Thank you, it appears the issue has been identified and we are hopeful a fix will be ready for you all soon, this seems to have fixed any distortion/overly loud playback introduced by 4.3.0.

Thank you all for your feedback!

2 Likes

Thank you Brennan.

Yes, thanks, Brennan.

I haven’t been around here much, lately (life and all that). Did I read somewhere that you’re going to have more adjustment options for fade in/out times in a future release? Hope so, as with my really long soundscapes, I have to wait a reaaaaal long time for them to fade in when starting (can’t really use that, esp when it’s taking a minute or two).

2 Likes

I’m using the online wifi onboard update from 3.5
It downloads around 30% and then reboots, but stays in reboot for 30mins now :frowning:

@BrennanSingularSound what can i do?

Please write to support@singularsound.com with as much info as you can on your experience, thank you!

1 Like

Thanks for getting back to me.

I am curious as to what the rationale is for not doing it at the song level, though. That creates a lot of menu diving if one has some songs with and some without. Is it possible to have it so that can be toggled with a MIDI command, at least? That way I can load the song, and hit a button.

1 Like

This is headed towards much complexity and we do not want to go this route,

MIDI control is likely going to be the case, yes we will be looking into how we can make it as manipulable as possible without constantly changing it from the settings but it is not the priority at this time.

I agree with billvencil. The Decay function as currently implemented is not useful In fact, this does the same as the FADE function, no need to duplicate a feature with another name. Any new users coming from other units will be expecting Decay to work in continuous overdub mode. I doubt anyone will have a use for the current implementation. Hope this gets fixed soon. Until then, I will be keeping my DITTO X4 in the board, sadly.

I’m not really with you
Decay is a nice function
Can be useful to create a song:
You play a first track and the second with the decay and try a lot of sound, fx; chords etc…, to see if it’s match with the first track RATE on 100%

You can see what’s match with your song, play over a track any overdub that gonna mute the first layer as a background sound Rate on 20%

You are in live situation:
RATE on 100%, erase the track and you can play another one, and another etc…

Decay as nothing to make with fade or mute !

You are not into soundscapes, obviously.

I SIMPLY REPLY TO YOUR POST ON THE SUBJECT THAT THE DECAY AND THE FADE IS THE SAME FUNCTION.
And that’s not the same
Maybe not in soundscapes, but I know the difference between the two, it seem that you don’t

But we’re not starting a war, a forum is to help each other

Brennan, was this a response to my post? Just checking.

I think as long as it can be toggled with a midi command, it will be fine and not an impediment to work/performance flow.

1 Like